Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Replacement Captain and Passenger Chairs

I put the seat Gil directed you to with Knoedler in a couple years ago. Did it the same time I redid my flooring so pulled everything out at that time then tiled the coach all the way back to the engine bay stepup. Had to do some modifications to the seat base. Other then that not a big deal. Getting that big passenger seat out is a feat. With the powerfootrest option that sucker is heavy. Fortunately my passenger seat leather is still good. My drivers seat isnt a complete match but no one has said it looks out of place. Ride features are very comfortable. Good luck with your search.
    Craig Lenz
    Yellow Grass, Saskatchewan
    --------------------------------
    1996 Angola XLV #5688
    Twin Entry / Wheelchair Accessible

Joe C: As to your question about matching the new seats to existing interior colors. I would recommend you NOT try. It never matches and even if you got a match, things change over time, and these two items (new seats and old interior) would not change at the same rate due to such different age. An alternative approach is to find the interior color themes and compliment them, not match them. Go for contrasting but in the same color theme.
    Joe & Diane Hoffman
    Prior coach: 2001 Marathon H3-45
    Sold the coach.
    For details: https://intelopment.wix.com/prevost/

Hey Joe that's what my friend was warned of and what he went through. Eventually after a prolonged search they did finally get there. Time will tell if it alters??

Craig, aren't u in a wheelchair? So u r very talented or have a great wingman preforming these tasks.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

Yes Joe, 34 years this year Ive been riding a wheelchair. Hooked a powerline with a wingtip cropdusting and broke my back after the not so soft decent. Im able to do a lot of things when it comes to trouble shooting and tinkering on things within reach which on a Prevost are more then many would think.... but Ive also been blessed with a lot of talented people that seem to appear at the right time when I need a hand. Its guys like you Joe that keep guys like me enjoying these incredible machines. And all the others on this website that donate their time and talents to helping us do just enough on our own that we can afford to keep them going LOL. I appreciate you guys a lot!
    Craig Lenz
    1996 Angola XLV #5688

Craig, You're an inspiration to us all. Thanks for sharing. I've seen pics of your dual entry coach, an awesome machine. Did you add the second door or did it come that way?
    Joe & Diane Hoffman
    Prior coach: 2001 Marathon H3-45
    Sold the coach.
    For details: https://intelopment.wix.com/prevost/

Ive been told Angola Coach built a few of these side entry optioned coaches. The side door is actually factory Prevost and was available as a factory option on the late 90s XLs. i was told the owner of mine saw Angola's Show Coach at one of the RV shows and said he needed to have it in his. Angola found it to be very helpful in showing the coach by bringing people in the front and walking them through and out the side doorway. The entry has a slide exposing steps that at a campsite are the shortest route to the galley area. Panterra Coach actually has another side entry for sale on the POG site now. This is the only other side entry optioned XL Ive see but heard Angola built a few of them.

Here is a link to a tour of my coach I thought some might enjoy to see what Ive done to the coach to make it work for the wheelchair. Its actually pretty much original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZtA...ature=youtu.be
    Craig Lenz
    1996 Angola XLV #5688

Gil,
    Have you seen these installed as replacements for ISRI seats? I am looking to change the seats in my 2004 Marathon. Mine has 200k on it and I need better support.

https://knoedler.com/air-chief-std-and-low-rider/