I come seeking the knowledge of the great minds that frequent this forum. I'm picking up my new (to me) Prevost XL this weekend. Purchased sight unseen at an online auction so I have no contact with the previous owner, no maintenance records, and no real world bus ownership experience lol. I know it'll be like drinking from a firehouse for a while. What are some must-look-for things, and must-check-before-driving areas I should know about. The people at Prevost were kind enough to send a pdf owner's manual, but I'm curious to get a take from some boots on the ground. Any and all help is appreciated!
Specs:
1996 XL 45'
737k miles
Series 60, Allison automatic
New tires last year
Fully renovated a couple years ago
Supposedly was a conversion that ran nashville bands for a while, before the PO bought it back in 2014. I did view a video inspection of the coach, and it appears to be in order. Auctioneer and I spoke before closing, and he knows the PO personally, claims he is a stickler for maintenance and kept everything up, but didn't keep any records. He's sure the engine has been redone; there is zero blowby. I did verify this with another bidder that actually viewed the coach. Not sure about the tranny and fluids, though.
So....what do I look for? Thanks in advance!