Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alarm in 24V panel

Default Alarm in 24V panel

Disconnected all batteries (chassis and house) and turned off all disconnect switches yesterday to weld on the broken tag shock upper mount (good thing to check, found this by accident).

On reconnection and switching everything back on, an alarm sounded under the driver's left switch panel, found the source of it in the 24V panel uppermost row of relays, small round. Stopped when key turned to the on position and then started up again. Stopped after about 2 minutes. Just a system reset or?

U had that bus drive tires up on a ramp latley?
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

I have a buzzer in about that spot. It’s tied to a number of things. The schematic is on the inside of my front electrical junction door:

F418E7FE-30A2-442A-9DF3-A2CE5C488802.jpeg

My buzzer is the silver brick at the top with the arrow pointing at it. You can see the previous owner had disconnected it, but it’s back together and working properly now:

3A3FC4BF-8FC9-4084-B6D3-4AD2E04A5809.jpeg
    Last edited by Chad Speer; 06-06-2020 at 10:28 AM.

Chad is correct, that buzzer is triggered by several alarms. You won't likely find a schematic on the door, but all schematics are available from www.prevostcar.com

Did you have any dash warning lights? The ABS system almost always alarms when the battery is off until you've driven to about 5 mph.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Camper View Post
    U had that bus drive tires up on a ramp latley?
    The tag is currently jacked up.

It was beeping once per second as soon as power was reconnected (key off) and then stopped after two minutes or so as I was going back to turn 24V off when it stopped.

Gil, it was only beeping with key off, so no lights. Key on it would stop!

Just curious. It's a small round relay, not the same panel as Chad's.

Chip, are you sure the sound is coming from a relay? Mine was one of the last 96” coaches produced as they were introducing the XL. Most of my systems are similar to the XL. Could be they just changed from my rectangular buzzer to your round alarm? Is it in the same general area? Mine won’t sound with the key off though, so who knows. Pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Speer View Post
    Chip, are you sure the sound is coming from a relay? Mine was one of the last 96” coaches produced as they were introducing the XL. Most of my systems are similar to the XL. Could be they just changed from my rectangular buzzer to your round alarm? Is it in the same general area? Mine won’t sound with the key off though, so who knows. Pictures?
    Yes. If it persists on Monday for whatever reason I'll shoot a pic - maybe even if it doesn't and I remember to do it!

U didn't answer the question.

The shock post weld doesn't just crack loose. It gets damaged.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

I can't think of any Prevost installed warning buzzer that would be triggered with the key off except one that tells you the parking brake is not set.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Camper View Post
    U didn't answer the question.

The shock post weld doesn't just crack loose. It gets damaged.
    It was previously damaged (I wasn't there when it happened, so no idea) and poorly welded back in place. Proper weld done Friday afternoon. Suspicion is a blowout back there long ago. You are correct.