Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Refrigerator Selection and Maintenance

Mike my 84 Hickox was way ahead of its time it was an all-electric coach. However the refrigerator was ACDC and it was the size like you have bought so I couldn't have put a bigger one in there if I wanted to without really doing some major stuff. It also had a cooktop that was 220 volt. The fridge was toast cooktop badly stained. I yanked both of them and actually put propane on the bus took it backwards and put a propane cooktop and oven and a propane and 110 volt fridge everybody thought I was crazy but that's because I am. It was a nice fridge had an ice maker work good plenty big enough and it reduced the camper to A 1 inverter bus, that's all I needed. Number 2 was backup. Somewhere back in the archives there's a thread with pictures the way I did it. It's a versatile cost-effective solution for older stuff with people with limited money and does a good job.
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 12-18-2020 at 11:08 AM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

I would love to read up on it, i will search the forums. This is so much fun, i am not sure what i am going to do with myself once i get all this work done.
    Mike Giboney
    1992 Prevost Country Coach

Mike,
    I hate to burst your bubble, but I can assure you that you will never 'get all this work done'. There's always something to fix/improve/modify/investigate. Wait until you start fixing stuff you'd already fixed previously.
    But I like your optimism.
    Joe & Diane Hoffman
    Prior coach: 2001 Marathon H3-45
    Sold the coach.
    For details: https://intelopment.wix.com/prevost/

LOL, I like your Can Do Attitude! HaHa.
    Mike Giboney
    1992 Prevost Country Coach