Thread: Webasto Failure

Default Webasto Failure

My Webasto stopped working and now just makes a grinding noise when you first turn on. The sound is similar to when a gear is broken. Any ideas what could be wrong or where to start troubleshooting? The noise is coming from the very front next to the silver control box.

On a previous coach we had to replace the bearings on the Webasto blower/fan.

I was able to fix the Webasto today. The issue was a broken clutch on the motor. This is a cheap $20 part (cheap in cost; the clutch was 23 years old), however since I had the head apart I replaced the bearing and nozzle also. Overall about $150 in parts and a few hours of time and the Webasto works great and sounds better then it ever has since I owned the bus.

Nice! Doing the extra work now might really pay off in the future. Getting everything apart is more than half the problem.

Wanted to start new post about my issue with webasto...92 marathon, recently replaced the pump and nozzle, it will fire up and run when water heater is selected however when I select 12v heat it trips the breaker, any thoughts?

Based on it working without the 12V heat on I would look at the blowers inside the coach. They are 12V and should be the only difference when turning on 12V heat. There is normally 3-5 of them throughout the coach.

Those fans in the cabin draw very little, could be the problem but the circulating pump for that loop is my guess. Identify the circulating pump for that loop unhook the wires and give it 12 v from another source to see if its the culprit.
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 03-18-2021 at 09:52 AM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines