Thread: JUST ONE QUESTION

Default JUST ONE QUESTION

WHY???
    Since the day I bought the bus the coaxial cables running down the center of the roof have bugged me. Who in their right mind would drill holes every 3ft and screw 3 runs of coaxial cable in a perfectly good roof

Seeing I have nothing but time on my hands these days. I pulled down the head liners in the front and back of the coach. Traced all the existing coaxial cables and found unused and spares that I used to run the 3 coaxial cable’s internally. Put the interior back together then removed the roof screws and cables. Turns out the cable was not only screwed in every 3ft, it also had glue under the entire run of cabling. Two days of cleaning up the mess on the roof and sealing the holes, now I have a clean roof line.

Amazing what you can get in when your bored
    Chuck

E48A6BA4-5B85-42E3-992E-2ACFF4898B22.jpeg
    Chuck & Katrina
    2000 Featherlite
    H3-45 Double slide
    2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel

Probably not done by the converter...but maybe. How about this. One converter ran PVC drain pipes on the roof to each air conditioner and then made a penetration in the rear cap to drain the air conditioners to the ground.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Very nice. I've only my have coach for less than a month, but I have been wondering about being on top of the roof. My prior RVs standing on the roof was no problem. Is moving about on the top of my 2001 OK or what precautions, aside form falling off (except the awning would stop me :-)) should I follow ... and speaking of the awnings, what is the easiest way to get on the roof ... should I need to?

- Terry

Terry,

The easiest way to get on the roof of a coach with full length roof mounted awnings is to put the ladder next to the slide and go from ladder to slide to roof.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Terry:
    I use a collapsable ladder located just where Gil said. Roof is strong, no problem walking on it

Chuck
    Chuck & Katrina
    2000 Featherlite
    H3-45 Double slide
    2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel