Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Winegard Razar Automatic

Default Winegard Razar Automatic

Anyone interested in a good antenna choice for over the air reception? Here's a short video on the Razar Automatic. (CLICK HERE)

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Hi Gil,

I had one installed last year, love it. Push one button and it locks in on local stations...We always like to watch local and national news on NBC..

David Thomas

Had the Razar when it first came out. Failed 3 times in the first year, but winegard was very good about it and promptly replaced all three at no charge
    Chuck & Katrina
    2000 Featherlite
    H3-45 Double slide
    2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel

The fake news satellite reciever. No thanks.

Yo Hungry Billy. I'm going to have to call you and you're going to have to teach me what you were doing with TV through your phone a little while back when we hooked up down in LaBelle Florida. You're getting more than a sufficient amount of variety to keep me happy I don't recall any buffering and it was totally free you're going to have to school me on that cuz I've about had it with DirecTV and you are showing me that there is now definitely a solid, quality alternative, that's free.

Nother couple years i bet these satalite dishes r going to be antiques
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 03-30-2020 at 09:44 AM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

Chuck,

I was told the same by a Winegard employee. I'm glad they figured it out.

Gil and Durlene

Hello,

Early on there were issues with the unit...bad reviews and I waited a long time before installing. I had it installed last summer and immediately it showed an error message. My installer replaced the cable between roof unit and controller. Ever since it has been working perfectly. Push a button on controller to search and lock in and then scan my TV for the local channels. Love the local and national news, some shows on NBC, ABC and CBS. Plus there are stations like MeTV which show all the classics for the 1950's to 1980's

David Thomas
    1998 Featherlight

Thinking of installing one on my H3. The current (old) antenna is in the recessed area on the back roof of the coach. If I install one of the Razar units I will have to put it up on the main roof. How do I find the stronger frame members to screw in to, or is that not an issue because the Razar is so light I can just screw it into the roof.

Chuck
    Chuck & Katrina
    2000 Featherlite
    H3-45 Double slide
    2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel

Chuck, you can build a simple mount to raise the antenna in the same location it's at now. You could also move it to the roof just forward of the rivet line, which is where mine is. If you use a good adhesive sealant under the mounting pads, you can put wherever you want. The adhesive will secure the antenna and it doesn't have enough wind load to matter. There's very little wind at that height near the rear of coach even without roof airs. With roof airs there's even less wind.

Gil and Durlene

Joe call me anytime. Always good to hear from you.

We dumped DISH at home after 16+ yrs. Happy with DISH overall but realized 95% of what we actually watched on TV was OTA channels anyway. I do miss FOX NEWS (the other 3 on a national level are garbage - commentary and opinions - not news IMHO). Went to TIVO at home. 2 OTA BOLT boxes at $7.50 each/month. Easy access to channel guide, DVR, many apps HULU, NETFLIX, PRIME VIDEO and many more.

We use AMAZON FIRESTICK in the bus with a Verizon phone as hotspot. We do have paid subscriptions to Netflix, Hulu, Prime which along with many more are accessible with FIRESTICK. Probably spend $50/month for TIVO, Netflix, Hulu, Prime. Totally dependent on satisfactory internet data connection to work. OTA antenna in bus would be nice for those times with no internet data avail. This one Gil and David mentioned looks like a winner. We haven't traveled enough yet to experience no internet signal :-).

I did discover if I need a news fix I can get FOX on XM Radio. Same as TV just audio only.

PS I found one 22.5 Alcoa narrow Pete oval Budd wheel new. $460 I'll keep looking.
    Last edited by BGLogistics; 03-31-2020 at 10:26 AM.

Billy & Lisa Gaines
    1996 Marathon XL40

Chuck here's an installation I would not recommend.20190314_124818.jpg

Gil and Durlene