Thread: New member ... new to me 2001 Marathon XLVII

Hybrid View

Terry,

Your price for 4DL’s would be 548.00 each plus shipping. Lifeline Battery inventories are at an all time low, some sizes not available for 2 -3 weeks. 4DL’s were still in stock yesterday, but at a low level, so don’t wait long if you want to order. Contact me here: Lifeline

Marathon did not do a great job of wiring or mounting the house batteries in most models. Yours may well be in the small bay behind the tag. If so, they are best wired as they are each installed. It's best done with 2 people for the angle mounted batteries. Marathon for some odd reason must not understand the value of bussbars. Instead they stack a lot of cables on one battery terminal. I'd change that.

If your batteries are on the driver's side, they are easily changed.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Gil, that's exactly how these are mounted, behind the tag, angled, a spiderweb of wiring with very little clearance. I am extremely hesitant to do it myself. It may well be a valuable insurance policy to pay Marathon to do it, however it will be costly...but maybe less costly than me frying the coach electronics.

Marathon-Coburg charged me $4k for the whole job. That's a $600 install charge. Worth it to me. YMMV.

For my H, there's a metal bar across the top of the batteries that holds plastic blocks that push down on the batteries to hold them in place. The weld points that hold that bar in place had broken and Marathon fixed that as well as part of my $4k, no extra.
    Last edited by Hoffman; 12-11-2020 at 11:05 AM.
    Joe & Diane Hoffman
    Prior coach: 2001 Marathon H3-45
    Sold the coach.
    For details: https://intelopment.wix.com/prevost/

Marathon in Dallas wants $4800 now for the batteries and installation...seems a little high...sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryCurtis View Post
    Marathon in Dallas wants $4800 now for the batteries and installation...seems a little high...sigh.
    Ask them what they charge if you supply the batteries. The batteries should be less than $4K delivered. My grandson and I did this in a similar configuration. It's a PITA, but for $800, I'd be smiling.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

My price delivered to the Dallas area would be 3500.00, no tax. Is that not a good price for you Terry?

Joe, how long ago did Marathon-Coburg do the work? Marathon in Dallas wants $1500 for labor. Makes no sense to me.

My batteries were replaced Sept 2019.
    Joe & Diane Hoffman
    Prior coach: 2001 Marathon H3-45
    Sold the coach.
    For details: https://intelopment.wix.com/prevost/

Thanks Joe. Coburg replied they would do it for $4K total or $600 labor. $1500 vs $600 labor seems like a big difference. Maybe my Christmas will be on the left coast.