Thread: Slide bearings

Default Slide bearings

I removed the carpet from my 2002 XL , Featherlite/vantar looking a slider gears three th floor opening , noticed a greas fitting there , iv owned th coach for 12 years , can someone tell me how to get to this grease fitting to grease , is there a drawing somewhere that shows slider parts to be serviced , this is a Prevost slide , any information would surely be a great help

The Prevost web site will have drawings in both the parts manual and maintenance manual. If you have problems finding them let me know and give me your VIN.

As for the grease fittings on a first generation Prevost slide I only know of the them on on the gear drive bearings on the horizontal shaft and universal joints on the vertical shaft. I can't imagine these ever needing grease after initial build. These are too robust and not subjected to demanding operations.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Gil,
    I was always taught that grease eventually can dry out. Is that possible even for a low duty joint like our sides?
    i've got HWH slides and also have wondered about whether there is any necessary lubrication PM required.
    Thoughts?
    Joe & Diane Hoffman
    Prior coach: 2001 Marathon H3-45
    Sold the coach.
    For details: https://intelopment.wix.com/prevost/