I'm looking for guidance and opinions regarding my logic on buying an older Prevost versus a newer production RV. My logic is that a Prevost will outlast most other production RV's because of superior build quality? Although I haven't driven a Prevost, I'm assuming the drive quality is superior as well? In conclusion, I'm thinking that I would prefer an older Prevost in the low/mid $100,000 range, plus some work, over a new production RV in the $150,000 to $200,000, plus fixing a lot of stuff under warranty (which would aggravate me more).

I have a friend bringing me his 2000, H3 double slide to see if I want to buy it. It needs the inflatable slide seals replaced and a couple of windows replaced. I would also budget $30,000 to take it to Marathon and have the under carriage (air bags, ball joints, etc.) brought up to snuff.

I'm thinking it would be a good deal to buy it for low to mid $100,000's if in good condition, LESS the estimated cost to bring it up to speed ($30,000)?

I like working on stuff, maintained my 38' Lagoon Sail Catamaran for over a decade. Hopefully a Prevost won't be as much maintenance as a sailboat sitting in salt water.