Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Prevost Tire Pricing

Default Prevost Tire Pricing

Prevost now has competitive Michelin tire pricing. If these prices include FET, the prices may beat the Michelin Advantage program pricing. They also show the XZA tire that was discontinued for retail buyers.

https://www.prevostcar.com/sites/def...e_promo_us.pdf

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

I want to mount my take-offs on some 22.5 Peterbilt oval Alcoas. Wonder how receptive Prevost would be to doing that (for a fee of course) assuming I bought new coach tires from them, or if I'd have better luck at local truck tire shop, where I can get Michelins (although maybe not XZA) thru Advantage program. Nothing a phone call wouldn't answer probably. Anybody have any experience with that kind of thing?

Billy & Lisa Gaines
    1996 Marathon XL40

Billy, they may. Just know Prevost only has one labor rate. If you were closer to Prevost you could just pickup the tires and use a tire service nearby.

Gil and Durlene

Prevost DFW isn't that far from me. Mine are dated 2011/2012 and although they show absolutely NO visible signs of deterioration/sidewall cracks or anything else, general consensus seems to say time to replace them.

Billy & Lisa Gaines
    1996 Marathon XL40

Any thoughts on this / just for steer axle? Seems like it could sure lessen consequences of a blowout. B84CA291-7AEB-4FB8-BC73-806C3E24784A.jpeg

Billy & Lisa Gaines
    1996 Marathon XL40

Hello,

This year (8-1-2019) I replaced all my tires with Tire Concierge. X Line Energy were $635.25 FET $52.83. Install $30 per tire. I would be interested to know if Prevost includes FET and how much install would be.

Thanks

Billy there's a thread out here somewhere with a couple of other blowout apparatus like you're asking there. Donny Myer uses one type I forget the name of it and the other one was a brand that was made in Australia that really looked good I'd say definitely worth looking into why not but using which one don't ask me. Where is that old thread at I can't find it somebody help me out.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

If I had those things installed already I prob wouldn't be thinking about these 2011/2012 tires at all.

Billy & Lisa Gaines
    1996 Marathon XL40

Billy, this and the other in tire solution are snake oil. Show me a US fleet operator or even a municipality that uses them.

Gil and Durlene

I don't think that's stuff is snake oil Gill. This is coming from a old trucker that's had steer Tire blowouts on trucks with nine or ten thousand pounds on the steer axle and define the event as very manageable and survivable.

Then about 6 or 7 months ago I got a call from my customer in Michigan what that Entertainer coach. They were out in West Texas running 75 miles an hour and it was two guys in the bus and one of the guys was his brother-in-law who's a great big guy I know him and he was a truck driver his whole life too. He was sitting shotgun when the steer tire blew on that bus he jumped out of the passenger seat and the both of them grab the wheel and still couldn't keep that bus on the road it went through the ditch and they ended up on the Frontage Road and the front bumper had flopped down and the door opened and that's how they stopped. When Tony told me his brother-in-law grab that wheel along with the driver and they still couldn't keep it on the road I decided that 15,000 pounds plus on a steer axle and having a blowout is a way different animal than it happening on a tractor trailer with only 9 or 10 on the front.

I've seen the video footage on tests with these steer Tire devices and it all looks pretty believable to me what makes you think it's snake oil just because some government bureaucracy or profit minded trucking co dosen't use it?
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 03-07-2020 at 08:44 AM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines