Thread: 1995 prevost liberty towing electrical connection

Default 1995 prevost liberty towing electrical connection

We have a 1995 liberty. Is the female electrical socket on back of coach a 7 pin socket. These sockets are universal on just about everything but due to the year I was wondering if it was different. Picking up our coach in a few weeks and want to have our toad wired correctly. When I inspected the coach before purchase that was something I overlooked.

Here's a good source for the wiring standard. You'll notice there's more than on 7 pin standard. I believe you will find a switch in the engine bay for 3 lights or 2 lights that combines stop and turn or not. You may also have a 6 pin connector.

Also keep in mind that some previous owner may have changed the wiring for their own use not realizing the standard would likely support their needs anyway. The bottom line is to bring a meter of 7 pin tester before plugging in your towed vehicle.

https://www.etrailer.com/faq-wiring.aspx

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Thank you Gil. I did get a responce to the dealer and it is a 7 pin connector. I appreciate your web link; great diagram. I traveled to Texas and purchased this coach. Getting ready to drive it back to my home in Pennsylvania with my vehicle in tow. Got everything wired up and wanted to be sure it was a 7 pin connector. I don't need any surprises....right!!!

Congratulations. Is that Liberty Teal green?
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines