Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: XL Headlight Conversions

I havent installed them yet Gil. I did find that I had to grind down the inside corners of the bracket that goes over the 8900s as it was just the tinyest amount too close a radius. About a felt marker width in each corner with a Dremel opened them up to a good fit but now I need to figure out how to seal what I ground from rusting as its a chromed metal bracket. Unfortunately the chrome besels have a couple scratches on them and they are just chromed plastic but otherwise it looks like they should work. Will post when I get them in..... or not lol.
    Craig Lenz
    Yellow Grass, Saskatchewan
    --------------------------------
    1996 Angola XLV #5688
    Twin Entry / Wheelchair Accessible

Default They are temporarily installed,

This is the cpaddict version. Some modifications are necessary to the light assembly more to come. For some reason, I can’t figure out how to post photos. If anyone can help, I’d greatly appreciate it

Default Trying again

trying to post photo again
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Gil_J; 04-21-2020 at 08:18 AM.

left side complete right side old style.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Gil_J; 04-21-2020 at 08:22 AM.

Scott, those look great and the price is right. Thanks for sharing. I would expect most XL owners will want to make the change. If there's any tips or tricks I'm sure others would like to know.

BTW, I rotated your pictures.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Agreed!

BTW, several of us have had issues with rotated pictures. Since we do not have access to to the grand kids for tech help right now, can you help us understand this process?

Mark and Debbie Fratto
    1998 Parliament

I gave up on IBP and ordered from cpaddict.com 10 days ago. They emailed informing me a shipping date of May 1st. Scott, what lights did you use?
    Mark Walker
    Crosby, TX
    98 Royale
    Last edited by mwalker422; 04-22-2020 at 10:24 PM.

I gave up on IBP and ordered from cpaddict.com 10 days ago. They emailed informing me a shipping date of May 1st. Scott, what lights did you use?

Like Scott I got one light in yesterday. In the photo you may notice the light is tight to the inside vs the outside which has about a 1/2 in gap. To split the difference I would need to open the slots on the main brackets to center the light as they are at the far outside adjustment now. Install went relatively well. I agree I think they look pretty good. One thing I found is the slots the adjusters attach to only has a vertical slot so they cant be locked. Im going to use a light "hay wire" fix on them to keep the plastic insert from turning when we try adjusting the lights. Putting a small bolt or roll pin on one side would be the right way to do it. One side did not spin but the other did on occassion and think it may be a problem if they are not affixed to bracket as there would be no way to hold this insert once installed when adjusting. Will post more pics when Im done. I used the JW Speaker Evolution 2 LEDs.

One other challenge I had was the bracket that goes over the headlight to hold it to the mount would not go over the JWs without my taking a dremel to the corners to open them up. Of course this took the zinc coating off so I will need to use some paint or seal the metal from rusting. This came as a surprise since they told me the JWs were going to work great with this setup. I also have one Bezel that is scratched on the top and the bottom. The company is sending a replacement.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg
    Craig Lenz
    Yellow Grass, Saskatchewan
    --------------------------------
    1996 Angola XLV #5688
    Twin Entry / Wheelchair Accessible

Thanks for the update. They sure look better than what was on there and much better than the round headlights. Did you turn them on at night with one stock one still installed?

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion