Thread: Bedroom to Entertainer lounge?

Default Bedroom to Entertainer lounge?

I have a number of friends who are wine snobs and was contemplating occasional taking about ten of them for winery tours and thinking the rear bedroom would become the ladies lounge on such trips.

Anyone see a good convertible setup like that; for ideas?

Look at the ads for entertainers. Many have that exact configuration. Try Wade Staley's and Bus For Sale sites.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

I did work for a pogger in Pierre South Dakota with a royal it was a motorhome and he converted the bedroom he took the bed and the night stands out and put some captains chairs and a table back there and turned it into a lounge to haul his customers back and forth for his pheasant hunting lodge it wasn't really that difficult and it worked really well and I think the best part about it was when he was done with it you could convert it back to a bedroom without too much hassle so you could sell it reasonably easy.

There's too many bunks on retainer coaches to use it for a transport what would you do with all the bunks
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

every now and then u see Executive floorplans. All couches and barrel chairs and some r done with full blown kitchens and baths all the way in the rear but there r very very few. as you do your search with dealers ask them tell them you're looking for a VIP or executive floor plan because that's exactly what you're describing

IMG_1922.jpg

IMG_1915.jpg

IMG_1921.jpg

Here is an actual Entertainer coach pictures of the rear lounge and the front Lounge and then a picture standing in the middle of the bus looking back in the aisle where all the bunks are. The converters build this thing in a modular fashion so without too much hassle you can pull one or two stacks of bumps and use the space in another manner.

IMG_1920.jpg

IMG_1919.jpg

Often usually the bathrooms are very small without a shower similarly very small freshwater tanks and holding tanks. You could expand the bathroom on a 12 bunk Entertainer by pulling that one stack of three next to the bathroom and adding a shower and then you'd have to upgrade the size of the holding tanks.

IMG_1928.jpg

Very little kitchens in these entertainers you get a convection microwave and that's it very small one bowl sink you have to also expand on the kitchen significantly to turn it into a camper.

Although the systems are very simple compared to motorhomes they don't scrimp on the materials this bus is an O2 with almost seven hundred thousand miles on it and it's all original except for the floor. A lot of them, with out over-the-road AC have two generators I don't know if I would want a chassis with two generators for a motorhome this one here has one generator it has over the road AC it happens to be for sale and we figure it's probably worth about a hundred and twenty-five. You could buy a nice to use mid-90s Prevo motorhome already converted for less than that and change the bedroom over that's what I do
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 02-18-2020 at 12:10 PM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

Default Temporary Bedroom to Entertainer Lounge

Ahh, not looking for a permanent just something that would be temporary 2-3 times a year...

I’ve considered doing something like this. I tend to sleep on the couch when traveling solo, and my side-aisle layout makes for tight access to the far side of the queen bed. Of course, I’ve also considered putting a hot tub back there, so I’m just full of dumb ideas. Or great ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Speer View Post
    I’ve considered doing something like this. I tend to sleep on the couch when traveling solo, and my side-aisle layout makes for tight access to the far side of the queen bed. Of course, I’ve also considered putting a hot tub back there, so I’m just full of dumb ideas. Or great ideas.
    I also cross posted this particular question and got the following reference to bed mattress that is in two pieces that you can rearrange as a couch, that I think could be a good starting point.

https://couchbed.com

The person travels with his wife and they make a couch during the day and bed at night.

Default Vertical Hot Tub

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Speer View Post
    Ah, an actual hot tub would slosh around LOL!

Actually I have been thinking on a concept that I call the Vertical Hot Tub!!!!

Our smaller brethren who are converting sprinter vans have come up with a new wrinkle of doing recirculating showers where they can take showers for as long as they want (Don't they call this Hollywood showers in the Navy?) and only use five gallons of water in a week.

The best of example I see of this out there is the YouTube channel "Snow & Curt": https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis..._io9d2wWpDzGOJ

What I am thinking of having is as a fancy rain shower style shower head with body jets on one side of the shower and then the actual shower is the plain old shower head on the other side.

The recirculating shower is a cool idea. I love a hot shower almost as much as a hot tub. I’ve looked at tankless water heaters for use when hooked up to city water, but I’m not sure I could make the electrical work well enough. I installed one in my apartment, but it takes three 240v 40a breakers.

My idea on the hot tub would involve draining and then refilling when you had to move the coach. That would be a lot of weight, too. Engine access from the bedroom could become a nightmare, though. I actually looked at portable hot tubs, too. There seem to be some decent options out there, but I would be worried about leaving them unattended outside at a campground.

freds - that couch is a cool concept. There are cool convertible couches throughout Europe, but they don’t seem to make it to the US market.