Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from a newbie :)

Hybrid View

With a family of your size the Entertainer coach is the only way to go . That is if like we did you like owning a Bus I bought one of Reba Mc Intirers Start coaches back in the 90 s when our girls were still willing to travel with mom and dad . For around 6 years we traveled every summer and holidays in our coach . We have many fond memories and pictures . What you need to keep in mind is Entertainer coaches are not set up like a motorcoach . However I would usually drive late so we could spend the days in campgrounds or points of interest along the way . The bunks also serve as time out areas , if that is still a relevant term these days . I will say during those years I could not wait till the day they were all on there own and Erika and I owned a coach that like Gil said sleeps just 2 Good Luck . We bought and sold ours through John Spellings at Bus-for-sale in TN .

Thank you John! Likewise, I don't know what would need to be done to an "entertainer coach" to make it suitable but definitely something I will investigate.

Lane,
    With 5 children you might want to look at some Star coach’s. They have a bedroom in the rear and bunks in the hallway. An older one will have a lot more miles on it than the typical prevost RV conversion , but that is not always a bad thing. It is better to use them than let them sit around. ( as every mechanic that has worked on mine has told me ) and the companies that own and lease them to entertainers do regular maintenance to keep them out on the road to make them $$. You can always request to have oil samples analyzed to see what kind of shape the engine is in, and they should have maintenance records as well. There are a few Marathons that have a couple bunks in them like the Gagdet Guru’s old coach. Look on Wade Staley’s website in Nashville for entertainer star coach’s and see what he has. Good luck , due diligence is in order on your part as a buyer. They are easy to buy and hard to sell.......

Thank you Rocky......I'm off to visit Staley's site.