Greetings to all! I joined last July and got a warm welcome from Dale but I never got around to introducing myself. I did reply to Dale's email though and my response looks to be an easy way share my current position. I think I'll just copy it here and take the lazy way out. It is a two part reply. I will add this tidbit though. I do tend to "kick tires" (pun intended) for quite sometime before I take a plunge so this is no different.

The email I referred to;

"I don't own a bus or any other RV. I'm here to learn about them and to help me decide if I really want one or not. As with many, I'm trying to evaluate what is best, for me. If I buy a Prevost I will be looking at older coaches in the lower price range below 200K. If I were going to take the plunge today I would likely buy something around 100K then have a reserve for repairs. It's difficult to guess which way I'm better off. Buying something that has already been updated or buying one that needs a lot of TLC. I have ZERO experience working on big trucks/buses but I have a lot of mechanical experience in automotive (mainly old Mustangs) and residential rental property. I've done all my own plumbing, HVAC, electrical, and carpentry/repairs for 30 years or more. I would not get into MAJOR repairs like new engines and transmissions but I would probably do a lot more than average Joe would do.

One of the other reasons I joined was for the possibility of knowing a coaches history simply by having interacted with those who own them via the forums. Also, to help figure out which dealers can be trusted. I would prefer buying a coach from an individual but I'm open to dealers if they have a good reputation. Retail price for a coach that has been taken care of wouldn't be so bad, but retail for one that needs 50k in repairs just to make it road worthy sounds like a nightmare!

I've noticed that a lot of these coaches don't sleep very many. I have five kids. Are any of the converters known more for the "bunkhouse" models?"
As I've typed this I realize my inspiration to get back on the forums and poke around. Spring fever is here! I'm in Southeast Oklahoma and today the weather is beautiful! Clear skies and 72 degrees!

That's it for now.

Lane