Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Unidentified Objects on my Bus

Mike,
    The wire that I am referring to that I think is cut is the bottom wire coming out of the control box for the system. It is mounted in the cabinet over my door. Of course, I am not really sure that it isn't an antenna, especially since someone else said the wire was cut on their alarm also. Since yours is a CC, I suppose your control box could be under the dash instead of over the door like mine.

My remote may be the problem. When I talked to Marathon, he didn't recognize my remote because it only has one button instead of three as he described. The remote I have is only about 1" wide and 1 1/2" long. Dale
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

One of our presenters at POG3 will be Nick Hessler. Nick worked until just recently as a technician on the busses for Country Coach. He's also worked for Marathon in the not too distant past.

Nick recently has gone freelance, and is a "technician for hire". I've used him a couple of times to work out minor issues on my coach. I found it more cost effective to fly him in from Oregon, let him work, than to take my coach to a service facility!

Anyway, Nick will be presenting at POG3, and will also be available to help troubleshoot issues like this (for a reasonable fee). He's got drawings, and plans for many of the Country Coach units, and I'm reasonably certain he could help get you squared away.

Nick will also be presenting on Friday (I think), on batteries, inverters and equalizers.

lewpopp Guest

Where do I start looking for the reason my doorbell stopped working. Is this too high tech. Would a new potentiometer help out? I have no more spares. Could I use a relay?

Seriously, where do I start to look for a bell that doesn't work? Under the dash somewhere?

Lew

Lew, it could be a transformer going bad although they do not usually. Ck also for loose connections at button,chime, etc. Try by passing the button and crossing the wires to see if the button is bad. Gary
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide