Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unidentified Objects on my Bus

Default Unidentified Objects on my Bus

I am hoping someone who has a bus similar to my 93 Marathon XL 40' can help me identify a few buttons and switches. I have been through my manuals with no success. I have attached 3 pictures.

The first picture shows some of the yellow switches on the dash. I am trying to determine what the one on the right side that says "B/A" is for. It is the one just below my "Jump Start" switch.

The second picture is of a rheostat and a small pushbutton switch that are mounted on a small plate under the dash. They are in front of my right leg under the edge of the dash. When I push the small switch, I hear a beeping sound, but I have no idea what the rheostat or the switch does.

The 3rd picture is of a little red light on the passenger side of the front of the bus. I assume it is part of my security system, but I have no idea how it works or if it works. The description in my manual does not match anything that I see in the bus. I also have a miniature remote control that I assume is part of the security system, but when I press the button, nothing happens. I did change the battery in the remote. The small red light on the front of the bus stays on most of the time. For the last couple days, it has been blinking continuously.

If anyone knows about any of these three items, I would appreciate some input. Thanks. Dale
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Exclamation See Old Post: More Questions

Dale, Is this in part the same question you asked under Posts: More Questions on 11/17/06? There is an answer on page two, maybe you didn't see it. Possibly it didn't work for you? JIM

Jim,

The part about the red light is the same. I don't recall seeing it before, and don't know why I didn't. Unfortunately, I still can't figure out what is going on after reading the previous post. This is the first time I have seen the outside light blinking, and if it is armed, it doesn't do anything when I open the door. Maybe I have a problem with some part of the system?

I still don't know about the rheostat & pushbutton switch or the B/A switch. Thanks for pointing out the previous post. Sorry for the duplication.
    Dale & Paulette

Question

Sorry I can't give you any more. When the West Coast wakes up I am sure they will have some ideas! JIM

mwalker422 Guest

B/A??? Could this be Backup Alarm?

Mark Walker
    1988 40' XL Vulcan

It may have to do with the backup alarm, but I don't think so, because I have another switch to disable the backup alarm.
    Dale & Paulette

Red face Hoarsing Around

Dale, Sometime I wake-up in the morning and feel a little hoarse!
    JIM
    Attached Images Attached Images

Petervs Guest

Hello Roadrunner Dale.

I have a 94 Marathon and it has the same buttons and switches.

The one labeled B/A is to turn off the siren if the burglar alarm goes off and you do not have the key handy. It is so embarrassing when you are making all that noise in a confined campground.

The rheostat is one of two that you have, the other is mounted on the face of the dash and it controls the instrument lights brightness. The lower one controls the brightness of the lights in all those switches on the right half, including the B/A switch we were talking about. If you turn it to full brightness then if you turn a switch on it will not get brighter, so generally leave them about half way.

The little push button is also connected to the alarm system, but I forgot how, we never use it.

The red light on the outside front indicates the status of the alarm system. I think blinking means armed, steady on means ready to arm. Or the other way around. Lock and unlock your door with the remote and you will see it change.The alarm will start beeping inside the bus after 72 hours if you leave the door closed but unlocked. SO even though we park it inside a closed building when not using it, we lock the door. Then when you go do something in the bus you have to remember to bring the key.

You can call the Marathon 800 number anytime and they will gladly explain all these little details. These especially they get asked a lot.

Peter,

Thanks so much for the explanation. My alarm must not be working properly, because my remote does not lock my door. My remote may not be working, and I don't know of any way to check it. The light has been blinking for 2 days now, but nothing happens when I open the door. Again thanks for the info. Dale
    Dale & Paulette

Peter,

I talked to Marathon, and they told me the little pushbutton switch is to reset your alarm when you change the battery.
    Dale & Paulette