Thread: Wheel Chocks

Default Wheel Chocks

Hello,

I have been spending time in hilly areas where when going into a museum, shows ect I have to park on a incline, sometimes pretty steep. I have always worried if my brakes somehow release, then there goes the bus.

I spent time looking at truck stops, auto supplies, and could never find chocks that were heavy duty enough to really works. I ordered these from Amazon.

Guardian Industrial Products DH-WC-3 Heavy Duty 120 ton 41' Wheel Chock for Fire Hauler Trucks

I got two in and they are SOOOOO big and heavy duty. Last night at the Hard rock on an incline with the two on the front wheel, I slept so much better!!

Love them. 60 bucks each.

Does anyone else worry about this? Or am I just being a worry wart?

Thanks

Any safety precaution can't be bad. Unless the spring in the spring brake chamber broke I can't imagine anything causing the coach the roll. Keep in mind, depending on model year, you will have 2 to 4 spring brakes.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Hey Gil,

This year Joe came by for an inspection and one of my brake chamber springs were broken. It was promptly replaced, and yes I agree its such and easy thing to chock the wheels. I just push them in tight and in the morning back up a couple of feet and they are ready to stow.