Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: TDS Fuel Program

Looks like the tsd EFS fuel locator is having trouble again.

Hello,

I fueled up at a Pilot between Dallas and OKC and received NO discount...Sad.

Thanks

David:
    I don't think Pilot participates in TSD because the have an agreement with Good Sam's Club.
    Chuck
    Chuck & Katrina
    2000 Featherlite
    H3-45 Double slide
    2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel

Ed try it again I just checked in mine worked

Petro in Gary 2.55 on the sign 1.93 after discount.

Anybody who's stopping at a Pilot or a ta I would suggest having a good sniff of what's coming out of the nozzle before you put too much in your tank they just cost me at least eight grand maybe 10. I bought 135 gallons of what I thought was diesel fuel in Indiana on rt 30 and the general consensus at caterpillar from everybody that was there to sniff the sample that they pulled out of my tank was it was more gasoline than diesel.

20200604_061600.jpg

I thought I got lucky because just by chance I was on my way to Caterpillar to have a head gasket that started leaking repaired and they got it all out of the tank before I went too far but I did drive about a hundred fifty miles with that gasoline before I got to cat. The invoice States no damage but that's because that invoice was when I went and picked it up with the new head gasket 2 days after I got it back again I lost an exhaust valve seat on number one jug and I know it wasn't anything that cat did cuz they never had to undress the head they checked the deck and it was flat all they did was clean it and put it back on with the new head gasket and a couple other things. When they pull the head off if there's any damage to number one jug er liner I'll end up with an full blown in-frame. If the good Lord's willing I'll put a few hundred thousand miles on it before I turn in the towel but it would have been nice to do it with 1 swing not 2. That's The Story of My Life everything comes the hard way that's why I'm such a son of a bitch to get along with.

Thank God it happened at the house recently I've been as far off as almost San Antonio Texas and to the east I was all the way over to Newport News Virginia thank God it happened here.
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 06-08-2020 at 09:30 PM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

20200603_155037.jpg

That was the wrong invoice and that last post. here's the one that I had to make separate so I could send it over to TA and pilot I called the corporate offices in Knoxville and they said we're sorry we don't show any records of any incorrect drops and nobody else complained but will be happy to send you a $250 fuel credit if that'll make you feel better. Now I got to go fill the cookie jar back up again real quick cuz it's going to cost me probably another eight at cat to fix the damage from the dropped exhaust valve seat a new heads 3200 the turbos probably shot cuz all the bits gets sucked through it that's 1200 if I need a jug a piston ect ect it'll be another eight grand before they're done with me I'm sure. My poor baby, I've poisoned her.
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 06-08-2020 at 09:41 PM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

Sorry to hear that Joe. I am not in the habit of sniffing fuel pumps ... maybe I should start? Will give the truckers one more thing to laugh at.

Mark and Debbie Fratto
    1998 Parliament

As I Share this experience with my friends I'm finding out that this happens more frequently then I realized. I now have a new habbit.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

The reverse occasionally happens with private airplanes where AvGas is contaminated with jet fuel.

End result is that whoever screwed it up buys new engines for the airplanes involved.

The test for aviation fuel is pour some fuel on a white cloth and make sure it fully evaporates. Anyone know of diesel equivalent test?

PS. If your bill is that big, get a lawyer involved and that $250.00 credit offer will be multiplied...
    Last edited by freds; 06-09-2020 at 07:18 PM.

I like the question Fred but I think it's safe just sniffing it because the crap that I got a sample of it's unmistakably gasoline and Diesel smells nothing like it but if there is a task yeah I'd be interested in knowing what it is I'll never put any in any tank anymore without looking at it first I can guarantee you that.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

Get some on your fingers and rub them together. You should be able to detect the lubricants in diesel and it won't evaporate. While your fingers are coated in fuel get a Bic and give it a flick. If it's gas you're now a torch. If it's diesel you should burn your finger with the lighter trying to get it to ignite. They also have a distinctively different oder.

Quote Originally Posted by freds View Post
    The reverse occasionally happens with private airplanes where AvGas is contaminated with jet fuel.

End result is that whoever screwed it up buys new engines for the airplanes involved.

The test for aviation fuel is pour some fuel on a white cloth and make sure it fully evaporates. Anyone know of diesel equivalent test?

PS. If your bill is that big, get a lawyer involved and that $250.00 credit offer will be multiplied...