Thread: Purchased A Garmin RV 785 LMT-S Now I have Two Questions

Default Purchased A Garmin RV 785 LMT-S Now I have Two Questions

All,
    Purchased the above GPS for a coach, but I have two questions. First, I want to connect the GPS directly to the ignition. Is there a charging cable/cord that will work with this Garmin that can be connected to the ignition. I do not want to use the accessory charger that comes with the GPS. Second, I want to mount the GPS on the center pillar. Any suggestions on the type of mount and brand. Has anybody used Ram Mounts? Thank you for all suggestions and information.

Reese Cantrell

I mounted the Garmin 760 to the center pillar in my bus and I thought that was a great location as you can easily check the route without moving your eyes off the road or having it block the view. Garmin uses a dimple style mount with the female on the GPS side and the male on mounting arm. You probably have this mount in the box. The trick to center mounting is to secure the male mount to the center column so that you can snap off the GPS unit when it needs to be updated with a computer. I had Marathon mount mine and run the USB mini plug behind the center pillar column to an ignition switch behind the dash.

Andy,
    Thank you for this information.

Reese