Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Time for house batteries need advice

Tom... Sure you can

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Anyone who wants Deka for 340 can contact me. I'm curious how much intrest there will be. Maybe I will take on a distribitorship.
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 01-18-2020 at 06:20 AM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

I have a customer that will ace 8 Joe, I sent you a PM.

Guys, I created a scathing post about Deka batteries and then deleted it because of the worm can it would probably open. Please be aware of Deka warranty. I have a Deka distributor next door and refuse to do business with them anymore due to the warranty situation I experienced years ago. When your battery fails, they want it for 24hrs and will tell you there is nothing wrong with the battery and it’s your charging system! This is not a local isolated incident. I have customers all around the country with the same experience. Years ago Deka was an ok battery. They have gone the way of Interstate batteries and have fallen down the ladder. I have been a master Lifeline dealer since 2007 and sell to a lot of boaters. They are even tired of Deka batteries. I understand that there may be people who like them and will post different experiences than I described but I deal with a lot of batteries from different applications.

if price concerns you and you don’t need the capacity of 8-8d’s or even 8-4D’s then drop to 4 and buy Lifeline. The Deka doesn’t have the capacity nor the reserve in real world conditions as the Lifeline. We have done extensive testing with them. There is a reason they are cheaper. And remember, when one fails in the bank you have to change all of them!

When it comes to warranty, Lifeline is very honest and will honor it without BS! The only time there is an issue is if you still have the temp sensors connected and using Trace 4024 inverters! I will drop the BS flag on that lol

Im not trying nor am I wanting to debate about brands. I am trying to save you money and aggravation. I have a shop full of coaches that we are fixing issues due to “saving money”....just sayin

Turns out the 340.00 Deka’s aren’t available, but I do have an alternative to Lifeline for those looking for less cost. I have the Relion REV 330 ah, 8D AGM for 526.00 plus shipping.

4136B239-2AC3-4C2F-83A2-D60EFCC27048.png

Tom, how much are you selling Lifeline 8D's for?

Donnie, 8DA is 645.00 and 8DL is 653.00. The show pricing will be better.

Tom,

What is the pricing on Lifeline 4D? My current batteries have a post and not sure what model of Lifeline I would need. Please advise.

Thanks!

Tom - 4DA (auto-post) is 541.00 plus shipping. If you can wait, the show pricing will be available from Feb 10th to the 17th.

I'm going to throw another one out there. I have a lot of experience in batteries. With a boat and RV - yeah you get to try lots of things out. For regular AGM - Lifeline/Concorde make the best battery. The plates are thicker and they can be beat harder than most battieries. . . If you have controlled charging and what not, traction gel batteries are even better, but they do have some special gel charging requirements. But for AGM - lifeline is professional, their specs are accurate and they do stand behind their product.

However, outside of lithium (which has their own considerations for charge/discharge ) - which are almost a perfect type of fit for boat/rv users, except for their complexity - one should consider the new carbon AGM batteries from Firefly. They are rock solid, and avoid some of the pitfalls of AGM - namely they accept more charge for longer and they can be deeply discharged. AGMs should not be discharged greater than 50%, the firefly batteries have been advertised to be fine down to 80% - just like lithiums. . So anyone looking at long life and deep discharge capability and want to stay with AGM - should look at the firefly batteries. .

For people who are always pole to pole - then the expense may not be worth it. . . neither for lifeline either.