Thread: Hidden Slide Killers

Default Hidden Slide Killers

Every now and then when the slides r both in and out take time and extra effort when cleaning and get down on your belly with that light and check the bottom corners of the slides for "stuff". And u will be amazed the amount of it u can sometimes pull out. All stuff that can jam the slide like hard plastic toys pens silverware e t.

20200106_134517.jpg

I'm finishing another floor and I'm sitting on the step up into the rear bedroom walking closet watching as the bed comes in for the first time over the newly installed floor.

So after it comes in and stops I'm looking outward between the slide wall and the nightstand it blocks when it's in and, i see some funk in there i cant identify. So i reach in there and start pulling.

20200106_134547.jpg

Look at this wad of shit that was wedged on down at the bottom of the rear wall. Amazing it hadn't jammed the slide yet but I guarentee it eventually would have done some damage.

20200106_134556.jpg

Here's another tasty little piece of snoot just waiting to do damage that was in there. Nobodys ever dropped one of these hu?
    Same camper I pulled a ink pen out of the lower forward wall on the livingroom slide and it was mangled I know it was jackwacked in there.

But the bird nest of crap I pulled from the bedroom slide, that was a significant observation.

I've figured now I've seen this kind of stuff more than enough times to justify making mention.

Check it out. Maybe u will finally find those lost false teeth.
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 01-06-2020 at 08:03 PM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

Joe,

Thanks for finding my USB power adapter. I knew I lost it somewhere ��

I built a raised lip for the area where the gear drives are located to reduce the possibility that something slides under the slide and finds it way to the gear drives.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by Gil_J View Post
    Joe,

Thanks for finding my USB power adapter. I knew I lost it somewhere ��

I built a raised lip for the area where the gear drives are located to reduce the possibility that something slides under the slide and finds it way to the gear drives.
    Smart idea!
    Michael & Debra
    04 Marathon H3-45 0851
    Matching ATC Silver Trek Stacker
    TOAD: Jeep Gladiator
    Houston, Texas