Thread: A Glimpse at an Air Spring

Default A Glimpse at an Air Spring

Just a short video on our coach's air springs. (CLICK HERE)

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Informative presentation Gil, thank you! Interesting how the inside of that air spring still looked new, at least from the video it did. Probably the result of a well maintained air dryer??

Gil:

Thanks for posting the video, awsome to see the inside. I am having my 20 yr old front airbags replaced next week at Prevost in Winter Garden, There has been discussion of Prevost putting the wrong part # (airbag) on coaches and when you try to use level low the bus will not go higher then normal ride hight. Do you have any info on what would be the proper part # (airbag)? I have tried to research it and it gets a bit confusing with all the different types of bags avaiable.

Chuck
    Chuck & Katrina
    2000 Featherlite
    H3-45 Double slide
    2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel

There is 1 choice for a correct applicable air bag for IFS UNLESS u have a real new bus 2018 or newer.

Most prevo motorhomes r pampered inside. Some r not. I just was under a bus in west palm beach it sits under an awning but outside. As I inspect I noticed an extreme amount of surface rust on the rotors so I asked him when was his last trip. 3 months. I suggested he never let it sit longer than that in the future.

If that can accumulate like that in 3 mo his stuff after 10yr will be not real good.

Point being, I have pulled 10yr old bags off that looked almost brand new and I have removed others because at the same age the base was rusted through and it was leaking.

Letting the rear down on the bags doesn't hurt 1 darn thing. Absolutely nothing. Same thing with a straight axle steer. If u r long term camping with a straight axle bus DUMP IT in the front, it damages nothing.
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 12-12-2019 at 11:55 AM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

Thanks for clarification Joe - I happen to know of one that is stored lowered.

Billy & Lisa Gaines
    1996 Marathon XL40