Thread: Galley Furnace Fan Coil

Hybrid View

On my 96 CC its not really an access panel, its the entire floor of the cabinet. After removing a couple screws, the whole bottom lifts out of your way as a whole.

Thanks John

Yeah, I assumed that there would be screws so I was looking for screws in the floor and did not see any. I tried to pick the floor up from the front but it would not budge. After reading your note, I laid down on the floor and noticed that the floor of the cabinet under the sink extends to the front even with the face of the toe kick framing. It was joined so closely that it looked like one piece with the framing. It was not until I was laying on the floor that I noticed a slight crack indicating that the floor was really a pretty thin piece of wood very tightly fit into the bottom of the cabinet without any screws. I will pull it up over Thanksgiving and see why I have the antifreeze smell without any signs of leak.

I suspect that there is the tiniest of holes in the coil and most of the spray is being picked up in the discharge air stream. Stay tuned.

Mark and Debbie Fratto
    1998 Parliament