Thread: Galley Furnace Fan Coil

Default Galley Furnace Fan Coil

On our 98 CC, the galley furnace fan coil is putting out a slight antifreeze smell. Looking through the openings in the cabinet toe kick space I cannot see any signs of moisture but cant see the full unit / installation.

Unfortunately, I do not see any access openings to fully view the unit. It appears that the fan coil was installed and then the cabinetry with full bottoms was installed over the top.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Mark and Debbie Fratto
    1998 Parliament

Mark,

On ours I can remove the drawer above the blower end of the heater. I pulled the blower wheel and motor out a couple of weeks ago. With the blower wheel and motor out of the way I could see the bottom of the housing under the heater core with a mirror and flashlight. The unit on ours is a Red Dot R-2020. Here is a link to the parts breakdown. http://firewall.reddotcorp.com/pdf/R...9-0%20revE.pdf

I ordered a new motor from Badger Truck Equipment 414-316-2791. They were recommended to me by Red Dot. Other parts are available.

Joe and Michelle
    98 Country Coach XLV

I was hoping that I could access it from the drawers as well, but after pulling all of them out I found that this section has a full bottom to it with no access. The adjacent section is under the sink and has no access either. Seems odd ... maybe I am missing something.

Thanks for the breakdown.

Mark and Debbie Fratto
    1998 Parliament

My 99 CC had an access panel above it in the base of cabinet. I'm pretty sure CC would not have forced the removal of a cabinet to access routinely serviced items.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

I'd be really surprised if it's in there trapped keep lookin
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

On my 96 CC its not really an access panel, its the entire floor of the cabinet. After removing a couple screws, the whole bottom lifts out of your way as a whole.

Thanks John

Yeah, I assumed that there would be screws so I was looking for screws in the floor and did not see any. I tried to pick the floor up from the front but it would not budge. After reading your note, I laid down on the floor and noticed that the floor of the cabinet under the sink extends to the front even with the face of the toe kick framing. It was joined so closely that it looked like one piece with the framing. It was not until I was laying on the floor that I noticed a slight crack indicating that the floor was really a pretty thin piece of wood very tightly fit into the bottom of the cabinet without any screws. I will pull it up over Thanksgiving and see why I have the antifreeze smell without any signs of leak.

I suspect that there is the tiniest of holes in the coil and most of the spray is being picked up in the discharge air stream. Stay tuned.

Mark and Debbie Fratto
    1998 Parliament