Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tenn. Places to see

ken&ellen Guest

Default Tenn. Places to see

I know that some of you have travelled throughout this country so we thought we would pick your brain. Ellen & I take 3-4 day weekends to travel to new places. We have looked at Tenn. , but are not sure of the highpoints other than Nashville. The other consideration is the accomodations....can we get the Prevost in the park? Suggestions. Thanks Ken

K & E,

Memphis and visit Elvis (RV park right next door) and Beale street for cocktails.

Or better yet head to Knoxville and let Jon entertain you, tell 'em I sent you.

Mango

ken&ellen Guest

What...no MangoMikes? Thank you...Thank you very much ( Elvis voice ). Maybe we will find the spot were Dave Crockett was born? I used to have a coon skin hat as a young lad.. " Davey...Davey Crockett king of wild frontier"

Steve Cooper Guest

Default Got to check out Chattanooga

Ten years ago I would not have suggested Chattanooga but this city has made a dramatic turnaround recently, downtown especially. Very nice restauraunts, the Tenn. Valley Aquarium is first rate, Bluff Arts district has the Hunter Art museum plus several coffee shops and restauraunts.
    Chattanooga became HQ for TVA several years ago and they pumped tons of money into the city and encouraged clean industry. No more foundries downtown. All buses operating in the CBD are electric. Tenn. Valley railroad museum operates a steam locomotive that has 45 tour of the valley.
    Only one viable campground for buses and thats Holiday Travl-Park off I-75 at exit one. Tell them your in a bus and they'll be sure to get you in a long site. 50 amp, free wi-fi, and real nice people.
    I used to live in Chattanooga years ago and our daughter still does and it never ceases to amaze me how much this town has turned around.
    Take a few days and check it out.

Talking Elvis Lives

Ken,

We have done all the standard things in Nashville and had a really good time. The Country Music Hall of Fame, Grand Ole Opry, General Jackson dinner, The Hermitage, and Music Row. I think Opryland USA is now defunct, but the rest of the trip was quite fun.

We are actually going to do Memphis for spring break since the girls want to see Graceland, etc. We are staying at the RV park next to all the Elvis stuff, so that should be fun. We will also see how many times you can eat BBQ in a row without puking.

JW

ken&ellen Guest

Default Choices, choices

Thanks Mike, Jerry, & Steve for your input. We may just hit all three places. Ellen enjoys Today's country and I am a Elvis fan. Steve is that 45 min. tour on the " Chattanooga Choo Choo " sorry....I could not help myself. It is hell gettin old....I do not even know when spring break is....I will check with LewPop....he'll be there for sure. Ken

Talking Elvis Lives II

Well Ken if you could zoom over to Memphis the weekend of the 4th and we could get Jon, currently unemployable with much time on his hands, to meet us, we could have a mini rally at the Home of The King.

That would allow Jon to polish those holes up in time for the POG rally in April.

Good posts. Around Knoxville the big thing is the Super Wal-Mart.

But around Pigeon Forge / Gatlinburg are shows, shopping, Dollywood, the Smokies, and over the mountains in Cherokee, NC is Harrahs. Many many campgrounds in Pigeon Forge Gatlinburg area along with the Ripley's aquarium, many restaurants, and all the Tee shirt shops you would ever want.

Default Tenn Travel

HEY JON:
    Dont forget the latest attraction- the new Pro Bass Shop or is it BassPro Shop? (big) at the Pigeon Forge Exit 407
    Roger

ken&ellen Guest

Jerry, We would probably shoot over to join you, but I believe you are referring to April 4th and we will be on our way to The Rally at Daytona Beach. LewPop is going to be there....sort of an Upstate NY mini convention.
    Ken