Thread: New member w/ title question -

Hybrid View

I live in Texas and have owned 4 motor homes.I did the Montana LLC on 2 coaches and paid the sales taxes for Texas and county on the other 2. Texas is cracking down on the Montana LLC plates if your residence is in Texas. The fines are steep and there is interest tagged on to the fine. If you go with the Montana LLC get your tow vehicle registered in Montana. The difference between tags is a tip off for the DPS in Texas. Good luck and good hunting.
    We met Floyd at Donnie Myers in August. He is originally from Ft. Worth. You will like your visit to Donnie Myers. Good facility, plenty of inventory, and good people. Enjoy your visit.

Reese
    Last edited by rcantrell52; 10-26-2019 at 03:14 PM.

Your FL RV lots may not qualify for residency. This will be dependent of how the resort was zoned. Many don't allow full year use, at least that's the rules on paper.

You should talk to an attorney with respect to a Montana LLC. Besides the obvious tax questions you will want to make sure the coach, as a corporate asset, doesn't require it to operate as a commercial vehicle. That would be a show stopper.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Yes sir - as long as I can do the purchase w/o issue from an LLC to myself and wife - think we can make it work.

And you are right - the lots do not allow owners to stay year round.

Great info - think I’ll be staying on the up and up! Thanks!