Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Docking lights will not go off

I will look for a switch. Thank you!
    Mark

No switch inside the bay door of the entertainment center...

Keep looking if Al knows of such a switch u haven't found it yet that's all. What fun!!

How long have u had this bus. Was it ok for a while and then it started or it's done that from day 1?
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

Mark, I am going out to look at my bus and see where my relays are at. I had this happen once some time ago and can not remember how I solved. Not sure why Marathon would be telling you to call Prevost because they are controlled by Marathon installed switches. But give me a little bit and I will do some research and get back to you. I will give you my phone number and see if we can get this worked out.

Do you have monitored generator gauge panel in another bay ? Maybe it's there ?
    AL

Thanks everyone for the replies. I will try to answer all the questions.

I have owned the coach since June of this year. It’s Marathon #506. The docking lights have been working fine. I have turned the lights on and off several times using the rocker switches up front. Never a problem until I come out one day (the coach is parked next to my house and plugged into 50 amp shore power) and the docking lights just the passenger side are on. I have no idea how long they were on. One day or a few days (I still work).

I’ve talked to the same Marathon tech twice. Once he suggested the panel under the drivers window (no luck) and the second he suggested I call Prevost. Gil suggested I turn off the 12 volt and 24 volt disconnects on the passenger side engine compartment. With those both off, lights still on. Marathon power from the house batteries must be supplying the power.

I looked for a switch for security lights in the bedroom. Nothing there. I looked for a switch in the passenger side entertainment bay. Nothing there either. I need to check all the other bays for a switch. Back to work tomorrow...

Thanks everyone,
    Mark

My money is with Al's suggestion. Based on the fact that they were not initially acting up there has been a switch thrown somewhere.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

This should be an easy question for Marathon to answer.

These are not the 4 flat halogen lights installed near the front and rear axles, correct? If so, they may be the Prevost lights. If they are, and are powered by both Prevost and Marathon, it's an issue at the switch or relay, if there is one. Toggle the one that works and listen for a relay, likely in the electronics bay just outside the driver's door. I'll look at the Prevost wiring to see if there's a relay.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Relays 62 and 63 control each side of the docking/cornering lights. BTW, the switch should have a docking and cornering position.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Ok Mark I have done a little research my bus is 543 just a few behind yours and a few changes were made. If you get a chance tomorrow give me a call and maybe we can work through this. 574-215-6696.