Thread: Docking lights will not go off

Hybrid View

Default Docking lights will not go off

Hello all,
    1998 XL by Marathon. The docking lights (2) on the passenger side will not turn off. Drivers side works fine with the rocker switch up front but not the passenger side. Marathon tech suggested the relays under the panel near the drivers window. Pulled all those one by one with no luck. None of the breakers near the relays would turn the lights off either.

There must be a relay somewhere?

Any ideas?
    Mark

Mark if you have a switch back in bed room for your security lights try that it worked for me once.

If I had that switch, where would it be? I’ve looked for a switch like that back in the bedroom and found none. Specifically, where would the security switch be?
    Thanks,
    Mark

When you hit the security light switch it turns on all docking lights to scare off unwanted's around your bus. Mine is a 99 I just figured your bus would have the switch as well.
    Try looking above the entry door there might be some fuses in there for docking lights.

If no fuses above entry door go to bedroom back closet there is a tear off panel back there that will expose what looks like more wires and connections that you have ever seen. Look around in there for relay or fuses.

I’ve looked at all the light control panels and none say security lights. I looked above the door and there is a security system in there but I don’t know if it works. Nothing there is labeled for docking lights. If a security switch or security system was calling for the docking lights why is only one side on? The drivers side works perfectly with the rocker switch located near the drivers right knee.

I looked in the back closet and lots of wires but nothing labeled for docking lights.

Tomorrow morning I will pull the bulbs or somehow pull the power to the lights. Hopefully I don’t drain the chassis batteries tonight.

Thanks for trying. Marathon suggested I call Prevost Monday morning.
    Mark