Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bus bra

ayresjc Guest

Default Bus bra

I'm new to this form but on my second Prevost. My old coach a 90 Country Coach had a black bra on the front and I loved it. My coach now, (98 Country Coach) has that big ugly (to me) plastic on the front. Does anyone know where I might buy a bra for this one? Thanks John

I believe its something you can have fabricated. My Coach came with a Custom front snap-on cover. The warning which came withit, is to remove it every day or you'll boil your paint off the front. Gary
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

We are going to have to give YOU a nickname. I can't seem to get that past my lips correctly

Welcome

AYRESJC, Untill Debbie and Joe give you a nickname.

I have a 99 Country Coach and wanted one of those covers also untill like Gary said, I read the instructions. My front plastic shield is probably like yours. Since we both have holes drilled for plastic, I dont think the same holes would line up for the snap on cover. I started likeing my plastic more after I used some plastic cleaner and polish with a buffer and restored the looks.

Exclamation It's all in how you look at it:

I'm new to this form but on my second Prevost. My old coach a 90 Country Coach had a black bra on the front and I loved it. My coach now, (98 Country Coach) has that big ugly (to me) plastic on the front. Does anyone know where I might buy a bra for this one? Thanks John

HI, John Ayres and welcome. Possibly you would want to buff up/clean that plastic and try a product that we were made aware of recently. You could then give a report to the group on its effectiveness. The manufacturer's writeup reads like it would be easy, beneficial and cost effective to use. JIM

That would be; REJEX: http://www.corrosionx.com/rejex.html

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Front protection is a personal decision. I don't like the 'Bus Armor' plastic deal as they are a high maintenance item to look like new. Also, you have to punch holes through the front of the rig to mount them.

With a bra down here in the swamps, the problem is grit and water between the bra and paint job. So, you take it off at the top at the end of each day and wipe it clean. If you aren't running down the road, take it off, wipe it clean and store it. The problem with the bra is that if grit gets between it and the paint job, it will abrade your paint job and leave scratch marks.

Here is the front end of our 11 year old camper with 98K miles on it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jeff,

The front of your bus looks terrific. We envy your lack of rock dings. We use a snap-on bra and haven't had any problems with it. We only use it when the road is dry and remove it when not actually on the road. Our bra has a soft felt material sewn on the back, am sure this helps with abrasion scratches. Keeping it clean is a must.

Thread creep: At POG II during Harry and Dale's demonstration someone said that the application of heat and dry ice would pop out rock dings. Any chance of a demo at POG III? Has anyone tried this method?

Last edited by BrianE; 03-14-2007 at 11:48 AM. Reason: add text

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain Jeff View Post
    Front protection is a personal decision. I don't like the 'Bus Armor' plastic deal as they are a high maintenance item to look like new. Also, you have to punch holes through the front of the rig to mount them.

With a bra down here in the swamps, the problem is grit and water between the bra and paint job. So, you take it off at the top at the end of each day and wipe it clean. If you aren't running down the road, take it off, wipe it clean and store it. The problem with the bra is that if grit gets between it and the paint job, it will abrade your paint job and leave scratch marks.

Here is the front end of our 11 year old camper with 98K miles on it.
    Jeff, Man the front end of your bus looks GREAT !

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Jeff,

You should look half as good as the front of your bus

Mango

Default do like HALF AS GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by MangoMike View Post
    Jeff,

You should look half as good as the front of your bus

Mango
    Be careful Mike, someone is going to tell you that you do like HALF AS GOOD, as the back end of your bus.

Gary S