Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What TPMS would be the best for my Coach and Toad

It looks like the SCE sensors now have replaceable batteries.

Less brings up a good point. If you want your TPMS to be integrated with another management or monitoring system you will want Pressure Pro.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

I think the 510 unit is the one that you can not replace the batteries and the 507 unit has the replacement batteries. The 510 Batteries last 5 years and you have to send the sensors in for batteries replacement with a $19 to $20 dollar charge per sensor.

What Are the Differences Between the TST 507 and TST 510 Tire Pressure Monitoring System?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Zlll4_JBxA

The 507 sensor uses CR1632 battery. You can buy battery replacement kits " TST Battery (10 Pack) with Seal and Screw Kit for Cap Sensors for $24.95 They will last about a year. The monitor will inform you when you need to change the battery and which sensor.
    https://www.vulcantire.com/tst_batte...iABEgKm8vD_BwE

What are the Differences between the TST 507 TPMS Cap Sensor and the Flow Thru Sensor?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6IN-lYwgEU
    Last edited by madoxusa; 09-02-2019 at 06:22 PM.

Barbara and Bill
    2005 Prevost Marathon H3-45
    2013 Cadilac SRX AWD
    2002 American XLII 40 foot For Sale
    2005 CRV Honda - Sold

Here's the ones without replaceable batteries.

https://tsttruck.com/507-series-sce-...or-single.html

The other reference I read was wrong. They use the RV designator with the ones with replaceable batteries. If you ask them they will sell you a kit with these, if you want this style.

Gil and Durlene

FWIW ... here's the answer I got from TST sales mgr:

The difference between the 507 RV and 507 SCE is that the 507 RV is designed for RV’s, and small trailers. The sensor has a user replaceable CR2032 battery. The SCE is designed for the Commercial Market, 18 wheelers, and large trucks. The SCE Sensor has a sealed battery that is not user replaceable, and is designed to last 3-4 years.

I would recommend the
    TST-507-RV-6-C, and 3xTST-507-RV-S2 for your application. This will give you the 12 sensors you need.

I talked to the TST today. She said if you are not going to use your coach for a period of time, remove your tire sensors. By doing this, it turns the tire sensors off by not having any air pressure and your batteries will last longer. Also label each tire sensor to which the tire they came off so when you reinstall them you will put them back on the tire they came off of so you do not have to reprogram them.

Note: If you leave your sensors on your tires and the batteries run down it will flash until the battery is completely dead and you will not see the warning. So the next time you use your coach and the sensor will not working, check your sensor battery on that tire/s before you replace it. It could save you $50.00.

*** When you drive/send your toad through a Car Wash, be sure to take your sensors off your toad. She said more people have lost their tire sensor/s when they have done this!! To replace one tire sensor will cost you $50.00!
    Last edited by madoxusa; 09-04-2019 at 01:03 AM.

Barbara and Bill
    2005 Prevost Marathon H3-45
    2013 Cadilac SRX AWD
    2002 American XLII 40 foot For Sale
    2005 CRV Honda - Sold

The Pressure Pro FX utilizes blue tooth and any IOS or Android mobile device, 12 or 24v. The batteries normally last 5+ years and are not replaceable. When batteries expire, new sensors are provided at a reduced price. The Dynamic Sensors are very reliable and do not have seal problems.

My price for the FX, Antenna, Power Cord and 12 Sensors is 740.00. A repeater for the FX has been in the works for some time and should be available soon. I have an H Marathon and the signal has been flawless for 2 years. Contact me for Pressure Pro needs...

The tire display below shows my bus and is integrated with Crestron working on an IPad mini.

C0C0A94D-7DD3-47D0-B62C-5B841ABFD420.jpeg668AB778-D45F-47E3-93AC-97BEC9F8D4E8.jpg
    Last edited by truk4u; 09-04-2019 at 08:50 AM.

Tom,

Given that system doesn't include a monitor and they don't have a repeater yet, why not mount the wireless interface mid coach or further back? It certainly doesn't need to be mounted near the dash.

Gil and Durlene

That's what I did, I made an aluminum plate (.090) mounted everything to the plate, wired it up using some 900 mh 12v plug converter and pluged it in under the dinette seats, I had to make an outlet under there, since there was an outlet facing out that was no problem to splice in. I called customer service to see if there was an issue leaving it powered up all the time and they said so problem at all; and there hasn't been. It's far enough back it picks up the toad reliably.

A mid coach mount or rear mount works fine for most applications. There are some scenarios that need the repeater such as pulling a stacker. An external antenna solves that problem until the repeater becomes available.

Les,
    Which PressurePro system do you use? Thank you.

Reese