Thread: Help With Inverter Powered Air Conditioners

Default Help With Inverter Powered Air Conditioners

If you power your air conditioners through your inverters, this video may be of interest. This is especially true for those that have or will be migrating to new inverters from the Trace 4024 inverters.

https://youtu.be/FcqkI4w4Qcc

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Gil, Is this something we should look into for coaches with cruise airs as well?

Mark,

I'd install these on all inverter powered air conditioners. Donnie Myers just received units to try on both Cruisairs and RVAC basement units.

Gil and Durlene

Gil,
    I have another coach that is a marathon and has two 2,500 heart 24v inverters and one is bad. Is it possible to change out the bad one with a new magnum and keep the other good heart inverter?

You can certainly have two mixed inverters, but one will almost certainly take the lead on charging. If you can turn off the charger function on the old one, I'd do so. You can do so with the Magnum, but I'd rather rely on the Magnum for charging. This would not be recommended with the few inverters that will attempt to discharge the battery when it detects more voltage than it thinks should be there.

Gil and Durlene