Thread: Roadside assistance programs

Default Roadside assistance programs

Anyone have thoughts on a good roadside assistance program. Currently have Good Sam’s and had a bad experience with them back in Feb. Will not be renewing with GS.
    Chuck
    Chuck & Katrina
    2000 Featherlite
    H3-45 Double slide
    2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel

Coachnet get some really good reviews. Have not heard of a bad experiences with them.

We've had AAA PLUS for a while, which includes motorhomes. Used them only once a couple of years ago for an inside dually flat on our then Class C, remote location Friday night holiday weekend. They were great, but we had to use our bikes all weekend waiting for a guy to drive 100 miles Monday am to fix the flat. It was a great trip as we found a homemade ice cream shop that we could stop by at the end of each day after our bike rides.

Now that we have a Prevost, I'm looking at this topic again. Any opinions on AAA?

Here's a link that shows Good Sam's and AAA top 2. Doesn't mention Coach net

https://rvlivingnow.com/best-roadsid...ance-plans-rv/
    Mark and Vada
    Chicago and Traverse City
    2008 Marathon H3-45 quad

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

I have used Coach Net for years. It has proven to be the best value of our travels. We have used them for 3 tire changes, a pull out from being stuck, and most recently having to be towed because of getting fuel that had algae in it while in Canada. They will continually monitor your issue until it is resolved. Could not be happier with the service they provide. Check them out!

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

I have and have used Coach-Net with no problems. I wonder if anyone has any experience with FMCA's new offering. It's a lot cheaper and, in California, they use the same carrier.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Hello,

I have AAA RV Premier and really feel it is a great program...I have never used it for my coaches. Besides my XL I have a Winnebago Class B on the Mercedes Sprinter Chassis. Yesterday my Electronic Starter went out and I was dead at at gas station. I called AAA and it was a long process for them to get the right tow rig to take me the 5 miles I needed tow to the Mercedes Dealership. Big eye opener for me. I really got concerned if I every needed a tow on my XL it would probably be a bigger mess.

At only 79 buck a year, I will continue to use and have AAA for my families cars, but I immediately signed up for Coach Net services. I hope if I ever have an issue with my Prevost they will be more prepared for the big rigs.

Any one else have thoughts on this?

David Thomas
    1998 XL Featherlight

AAA has a $500.00 cap on Towing. That gets eaten up pretty quick just hooking up the Bus to the Tow Truck.
    Mike Giboney
    1992 Prevost Country Coach

Mike,

I understand AAA is not best for my bus, do you know is there a minimum for Coach net?

David Thomas
    1998 XL

David, I do not, Others on here use coach-net, maybe they can answer that. Personally I am sticking with AAA, the cost is very inexpensive and I am hoping with all the time I am spending working with the Bus my time behind a wrecker will be limited. I know, Wishful Thinking, but it's how I am thinking. My First Prevost, I picked it up, drove an hour towards home, and had to be towed back to near where I picked it up. The entire time from when the Tow truck arrived, air up the bus, pull the driveshaft, hook up to the front end, and towing to the destination was about 7 hours and cost $600.00. $500.00 AAA covered, I had to pay the $100.00 balance.
    Mike Giboney
    1992 Prevost Country Coach