Thread: Joined the Marathon family

Default Joined the Marathon family

Diane and I are excited to begin our Prevost journey. We just finalized purchase of this 06 Xl II. Marathon took it in in trade, and sold it to me with a 6 month CPO warranty. It has the Prevost riveted delamination repair done.

We haven’t yet taken delivery as Marathon is doing some needed repair work, and modifications. We requested a full king bed upgrade, complete modernization of the audio visual systems, an induction cooktop, and built in boosted WiFi system.

Our previous coach was a 2012 Monaco Dynasty. We really loved that coach, however it was a bit of an impulse purchase. Had I done my homework I’d have bought a Prevost back then for reasons related to the safety and rugged build quality of a commercial bus frame in addition to the high level service from the Prevost converters. I quickly found that good service in the traditional RV industry is sadly non-existent. Given that I’m not handy, have no desire to work on my coach beyond basic maintenance tasks, and Monaco is out of business, that coach wasn’t a perfect fit for me.

I spent the past 3 days at Marathon getting trained on the coach, and transferring personal items from the Monaco to the Marathon. If the initial experience with Kasey and his team are any indication, I am going to love being a part of the Marathon family. I can’t overstate the level of hospitality they extended to us. Their comments about all their customers being members of their family, not just customers seemed to resonate based on our few days there.

Finally a shout out to Gil for giving the coach a brief look over, with his seal of approval prior to purchase. I will hire Gil to do a more thorough evaluation prior to the end of my warranty period.

I’ve benefitted from reading a ton of threads on this forum, and look forward to continued participation for years to come.

Mark and Diane
    Last edited by Rootdmd; 08-24-2019 at 10:44 AM.

Mark and Diane, congratulations. We are in a similar position as just sold our 2018 Dutch Star and bought a 2008 Marathon H quad from Marathon in Oregon. Interior remodel stuff still in progress until early October. Thanks for including these photos ... very nice looking coach and floorplan!

Can I ask what you did on the Wifi boost? You can reply privately if you want, either way.

THANKS and good luck
    Mark and Vada
    Chicago and Traverse City
    2008 Marathon H3-45 quad

Hi Mark (good name btw :-) ), I don’t recall the details, but if you’d have your Marathon folks contact Jamie Gard at the Florida branch, he can forward the info to you. It’s a relatively new company which provides unlimited unthrottled data for $139 per month. Jamie states that he has clients who are successfully streaming Netflix and report back that they are quite pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by Marks71 View Post
    Can I ask what you did on the Wifi boost? You can reply privately if you want, either way.
    Mark,

I'm not sure what Marathon is recommending, but I have an internet smart friend that uses some serious data, upwards of 460 GB a month, on his coach. His recommendation is this company (CLICK HERE) with the Mofi4500 Gateway.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Thanks to both
    Mark and Vada
    Chicago and Traverse City
    2008 Marathon H3-45 quad

Congratulations on the 2008 Marathon. I am the ecstatically proud owner of a 1997 Marathon XLV. If you haven't already done so you should take a factory tour in Coburg, Oregon. We stopped on a whim en route to Vancouver, BC a few months after buying our coach and it was a great public tour followed by an informative "owners only" behind the scenes tour meeting the team at Marathon. Enjoy your Marathon!
    Matthew & Elizabeth Valentine
    1997 Marathon Coach #450 XLV
    Glendale, Arizona

Thanks, Matt. We’ve taken a few weekend trips so far, and have had a nice taste of what will come once we start taking cross country sojourns. We will make it out to Coburg eventually. Of course, I’m not surprised, having heard so many others report on it, but the Prevost certainly is a level above the class A in terms of driving stability. It just floats down the road. It’s a definite upgrade from my previous very nice Monaco.

Congratulations Mark and Diane. We traded our 02 Millennium XLII for an 08 Marathon XLII this spring. We absolutely love the Marathon. Happy travels.

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston