Thread: Joined the Marathon family

Threaded View

Default Joined the Marathon family

Diane and I are excited to begin our Prevost journey. We just finalized purchase of this 06 Xl II. Marathon took it in in trade, and sold it to me with a 6 month CPO warranty. It has the Prevost riveted delamination repair done.

We haven’t yet taken delivery as Marathon is doing some needed repair work, and modifications. We requested a full king bed upgrade, complete modernization of the audio visual systems, an induction cooktop, and built in boosted WiFi system.

Our previous coach was a 2012 Monaco Dynasty. We really loved that coach, however it was a bit of an impulse purchase. Had I done my homework I’d have bought a Prevost back then for reasons related to the safety and rugged build quality of a commercial bus frame in addition to the high level service from the Prevost converters. I quickly found that good service in the traditional RV industry is sadly non-existent. Given that I’m not handy, have no desire to work on my coach beyond basic maintenance tasks, and Monaco is out of business, that coach wasn’t a perfect fit for me.

I spent the past 3 days at Marathon getting trained on the coach, and transferring personal items from the Monaco to the Marathon. If the initial experience with Kasey and his team are any indication, I am going to love being a part of the Marathon family. I can’t overstate the level of hospitality they extended to us. Their comments about all their customers being members of their family, not just customers seemed to resonate based on our few days there.

Finally a shout out to Gil for giving the coach a brief look over, with his seal of approval prior to purchase. I will hire Gil to do a more thorough evaluation prior to the end of my warranty period.

I’ve benefitted from reading a ton of threads on this forum, and look forward to continued participation for years to come.

Mark and Diane
    Last edited by Rootdmd; 08-24-2019 at 10:44 AM.