Thread: Hughes Powere Watchdog Review

Default Hughes Powere Watchdog Review

Hello,

I recently purchased a Hughes Power Watchdog and at this point I have not had a good experience. I had high hopes for this unit as the Open Neutral feature seemed to be a positive.

When I received the unit and power it up it clicked off and gave an E8 code saying I had an open neutral on the coach. After a full day of looking I found that when I had my washer dryer breaker on the watchdog seemed to detect that the washer does not have an neutral. I talked to a very nice man at Hughes but he did not have any experience with this tech issue. He took my number and promised he would talk to the developer. I never heard back from anyone.

All seemed to go well as long as my washer / dryer breaker was not on. NOTE the washer dryer is on a direct feed from the generator / or shore power and does not go through the invertor.

I have had the coach plugged into my home (clean power) 50 amp circuit for over a month no issues. Yesterday I went out and my generator was on. The watchdog had shut down and once again showed the E8 code. I reset everything left for a few hours and when I came back it had the same error code and was off.

There has to be a glitch as there seems to be no reason for this. I just can't trust this as of now as I don't want to be at a campground and not be able to trust power.

I wish Hughes had been more proactive in reaching out to me to see what the issues is.

Thanks

David,

I copied your post and sent it to Hughes as well. It's sad to see they aren't being responsive to their customers.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

I must say they could not of been nicer on the phone but not helpful with the info I need.

I would find another 50 amp motorhome to plug that into just to see if the results come the same.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines