Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: New owner of Vintage Bus 1980

Quote Originally Posted by JCarrollJr View Post
    Hey Fred,
    For some reason, I was just rereading your very first post and something jumped out at me that I didn't notice the first time that I read it. You mentioned waiting for your AAA RV add on to become effective. You might want to check on that RV add on. For years I've had AAA and wouldn't be without it and for years I had the RV Plus addition and felt very secure. At some point in time in a conversation with them they made me aware that the RV Plus option didn't apply to a bus. Only a camper. I don't remember the exact limitations on the RV Plus, but it didn't cover a Prevost based motor coach. I dropped the RV Plus option and went elsewhere for roadside breakdown towing coverage. Again, don't remember all of the details but you might want to check on it.
    Thanks for that heads up!!! I will contact them and cancel the add on if they are not covering me.

How about posting what you find out. Thanks.
    John and Judy Carroll
    1999 XLV Country Coach
    450 GC "Grande Center"
    2001 Jeep XJ, American Racing Mags

Default First Node Red flow for Raspberry Pi

Well I haven't made much progress lately, bloody work has been interfering with my bus project and covad with my social life!!!

Anyway I was able to carve out a day to start tinkering with learning Node-Red and putting together a manual control page for my DIY hydronic system.

Here's what the web page looks like:

And the drag and drop design environment that created this functionality:

Ultimately there are going to be old tablets/cell phones scatter about the bus or mounted on the walls that can interact the bus's automation system or heck if the internet is live, ask the subservient lady Alexia to do it for you!!!
    Last edited by freds; 06-20-2020 at 11:28 PM.

Wow, this is my first introduction to Node Red ... this looks like great fun. Thanks for keeping us up to date on your project.

Happy Fathers Day to everyone.

Mark and Debbie Fratto
    1998 Parliament

Very Cool! I'm curious why you don't trigger the stir pump on with the boiler, better yet use timers for both the boiler and stir pump triggered by calls for heat?

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by Fratto View Post
    Wow, this is my first introduction to Node Red ... this looks like great fun. Thanks for keeping us up to date on your project.

Happy Fathers Day to everyone.
    Thanks for the great feedback. When I get my automatons more done, I will post links to them.

There is also a version of Node Red (Mobile Red $6.00) for android cell phones. I will be using an older one of mine for it's sensors. GPS, Tilt, magnetic heading.

Quote Originally Posted by Gil_J View Post
    Very Cool! I'm curious why you don't trigger the stir pump on with the boiler, better yet use timers for both the boiler and stir pump triggered by calls for heat?
    That will be part of the automation flows as I develop them. Though the way I have the glycol fluid flows designed the pump on the boiler will be the stir pump, not sure I need to run both pumps for circulation while the boiler is on.

The stir pump is to keep the glycol tanks mixed and to provide flow to the heat exchanger for domestic hot water.

I threw together this manual control page as a first step; so, that I can be down in the electrical and plumbing bay and control the system from my phone as I test it out.

Quote Originally Posted by JCarrollJr View Post
    Hey Fred,
    For some reason, I was just rereading your very first post and something jumped out at me that I didn't notice the first time that I read it. You mentioned waiting for your AAA RV add on to become effective. You might want to check on that RV add on. For years I've had AAA and wouldn't be without it and for years I had the RV Plus addition and felt very secure. At some point in time in a conversation with them they made me aware that the RV Plus option didn't apply to a bus. Only a camper. I don't remember the exact limitations on the RV Plus, but it didn't cover a Prevost based motor coach. I dropped the RV Plus option and went elsewhere for roadside breakdown towing coverage. Again, don't remember all of the details but you might want to check on it.
    OK their response was kind of iffy, but after going through a few layers of supervisors the final ruling was that I am covered.

The key point is that the factory considers it a motor home and that it never went into service as a commercial vehicle. Plus it doesn't have transit style folding doors.

However they did clarify that the towing services that they contract with; might and might not be able to handle my size vehicle and they would have to bring someone in from out of the area. So they would not be able to guarantee quick service.

Also if no one was available I would have to make my own arrangement, pay out of pocket and submit a claim for reimbursement.

Given all the above I will not be renewing with them.

So any recommendations for coverage?

Thanks

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

Give Coach Net a call, I have had them for years, used them on several occasions for various reasons, blowouts, towbacks from mud, ect. They are well worth the annual fee.

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

I have Coach Net and had occasion to call them very soon after signing on with them. Got stuck on some wet ground. Their contractor came right away and all went well.
    John and Judy Carroll
    1999 XLV Country Coach
    450 GC "Grande Center"
    2001 Jeep XJ, American Racing Mags