Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pre-purchase Inspection

Default Pre-purchase Inspection

Hello POG members. I am new to this forum. After years of owning production motorhomes, I am planning to purchase my first Prevost. I understand the importance of a pre-purchase inspection. I'm just not sure where to look for help in this regard.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated!

Thank you!

Brian Paul

Hi Brian and welcome to the POG. Hopefully, others will give you some more input, but this link will give you a check list to look for when you are searching for Prevosts. file:///Users/dalefarley/Desktop/PDI%20Inspection%20(1).pdf
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

welcome to POG Brian. If you were a do it yourselfer with past coaches im sure you'll know enough to get a good self inspection. Purchased my coach last year and everybody that was recommended to me for inspections either didnt call back or was too busy. 1 was outrageously priced...a scammer opportunist as i saw it. I bit the bullet and bought anyways....and everything that could go wrong did....BUT im better for it now. I learned alot about the Prevost and my converter....I also lucked out....mostly everything turned out to be minor or easy fix (my generator radiator had 5lbs of sand in it)
    I can tell you this...if you are buying from private sale and they dont have invoices for chassis work (air bags, leveling valves, suspension, shocks, brakes seals etc) then more than likely its needed...and very expensive! Dont get me started on AUX air lol
    What i didnt know then that I know now is pride of ownership...it will show. all interior lights and exterior changed to LED, new headlights, meticulously labeled items in organized storage...those are the signs of a great owner....hope this helps ya a bit!

Good Morning Dale: how do we make your link work? I would love to see your list.

Mark and Debbie Fratto
    1998 Parliament

That link is on his computer, not online.
    Mike Giboney
    1992 Prevost Country Coach

I was able to locate the PDF by clicking Dale’s profile and then on “articles” when I scrolled down I found his PPI article which has the checklist. Hope this is helpful.

Thanks 2BDs that worked!

Mark and Debbie Fratto
    1998 Parliament

Brian use us. Where r u and where will u be looking at them. As u look and find one Telegraph your intentions here and u might be able to get a member who is in the vicinity who has time and is confident enough to come and help u.

U could also give us a heads up on the exact time and Make a video and or post pictures while u r there real time right here on the forum.

Bet many would participate. U would probably get so many suggestions they could have u at any 1 bus for days.

Send video real time to members via email.

Who would like to help Brian?
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 03-09-2022 at 06:39 AM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

I certainly would help....the little experience I have but Im learning fast!

=)

Sorry for the confusion on the link I posted. I should have just said, " go to Articles on the top line and download the article on this subject".
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!