Thread: Oil service question

Default Oil service question

Hello,
    I have 11,000 miles since my last oil service. It has been 1 year. I plan in January doing major service on my series 60. Replacing the cam plate seal and overhead valve adjustments.

Between now and then I will be putting 4500 miles on the coach. Should I get a service before the next two trips? If I do I will be having to change oil and service in January.

Should I go ahead and service coach? Or will it be ok to wait until 15 k miles?

Thanks

15K miles isn't going to hurt anything, but changing now is cheap insurance.

Did Detroit determine for sure it was the diamond seal? Valve adjustments are required with a diamond seal replacement,as I'm told. I'm told they have to pull the camshaft. If you do have the valves done, get the jakes done as well. If you haven't considered American Fleet in Springfield. MO, you should.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

How many gallons do I need to get for a oil service in a series 60?

10 Gallons.

Before you refill with fresh oil, dump the oil reservoir contents. Refill the reservoir after the engine level is full. This keeps the seldom used reservoir oil fresh.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

I'll add one other thing to your oil change service. Strongly suggest the pre-fill both oil filters prior to installing on engine.

AL