Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prevost Level Low Level

Default Prevost Level Low Level

I think the level next to the Level Low system is "out of whack". In fact I haven't used it because I think it is suspect and I use a regular level placed on the galley cabinet or table.

Has anyone tried to recalibrate this level? It had several hex head screws near it, but I was wondering if there was a way to recenter it when you know the coach is level?

Jerry,

At one time I would have suggested that the bottom of the refrigerator was level because the amonia type such as Dometic and Norcold do not tolerate out of level conditions very well, but now with household types the norm, you just have to pick a spot that makes sense such as the countertop, the kitchen floor, or anywhere you think should be level.

I used the stick on type on my other coach and got it level and then stuck one level at eye level on the side next to the driver's seat and the other on the dash. I now use a cheap level alongside my seat near the parking brake and as long as I am close it is good enough.

Jon

Jon,

That was the work-a-round answer. The true anal answer lies in HOW DO YOU FIX THE ORIGINAL LEVEL? Surely someone has had that thing out or fixed or something. Lew, help me out here. I know a man with a cool steering wheel has had someone look at that level......

You guys with expensive conversions have factory installed precision level indicators.

Us guys with plain and simple conversions use a little plastic thing from Camping World.

Most of the time I just hit the automatic button and let it do it on its own.

ken&ellen Guest

My Liberty has a case of the Leans. I just look for a level site and wait for the air to leak out.

Your Liberty will always be level if you leave the engine running and the switch in the automatic position.

lewpopp Guest

I have noticed the adjustment screws around the bubble.

I will check it out tomorrow while leaning on my fancy new steering wheel, and I will report back directly. What's this automatic s--t?

I'd like to post a couple more pictures of the internal workings of the steering shaft, but my wife is having a brain fart and can't remember how we did it before. Maybe the pictures won't really turn you guys on, but if you remove the steering wheel and don't do it right, you'll need to replace the part pictured. You geeks already know this stuff, but humor me a bit.

ken&ellen Guest

Jon, I could leave her runnin if those Texas oil types could provide inexpensive oil! Nope...they are toooo busy being politically correct in the middle east.
    Ken

Look who is calling who a geek. We don't go messing around with our steering wheels or columns unless they break.

And as far as the automatic question: On Liberty (and I assumed all) conversions we have a three position level low switch. The first is the "road" position. That sets the bus at the highway height and the ride height valves control the distance from the ground as we drive. The second position is the "manual" position that allows the front and rear (left and right) switches to work so you can manually raise or lower the bus. The "automatic" position lets the system level the bus automatically. That is the easiest way to level the coach, but sometimes you may want it to drop the rear instead of raising the front for example, so that would be one reason for manual leveling.

Do you mean Marathons do not have this feature? Time to trade.

lewpopp Guest

There are many reasons I am in love with this Marathon. One of them is money. The main reason is that we truly enjoy it without payments.

As for the leveling switches, I have one position for each side of the back bags and one for the whole front. Plus the travel position makes 4.

I re-leveled the coach today by using a level on the kitchen counter. I can remember some boatrite telling me that once. When it was level, I adjusted the screws (3) around the bubble with a T-25 Torx tool. Thought I could use an allen wrench, but none would fit. I even tried metric allen wrenches. I did my homework and I will settle for the manual leveling system.

What's the ATR button for in the rest room.