Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I知 ready to Purchase my 1st preowned Prevost, but is a NewTiffin a better choice?

Thanks for the info.

LOL. And thank You.

This may help:

Gill your brutal
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

I’m a new Prevost owner, and still punch drunk off the kool-aid. So my opinion is worth as much as my old Monaco coach after 4 yrs of ownership.
    One of my good buddies has a tiffin and he’s happy with it at least when I’m around him.
    I suspect he’s slightly in denial about the situation kinda like I used to be about the fuel mileage on my f350 diesel.
    Coming from the Monaco coach which isn’t comparable to the tiffin in a lot of ways, but still a plastic coach, makes me shudder at the thought of having to go back to it.
    In theory, the tiffin may compare well to the Prevost. In reality, I suspect it’s much different.
    i would strongly suggest you drive each one so you’re happy with your decision!

I was bent out of shape on buying a country coach intrigue or magna, after the Monaco. In theory and specs, I thought I would be very happy with it. I likely would’ve been happy with it, but now that I have driven the Prevost I thank my lucky stars I ended up with the Prevost
    Mike

Thanks Mike, good info, for sure. Enjoy your new coach!

I just caught up to this thread. Where are you w/ this decision? i'll give you just a brief perspective based on our experience

* a year and a half ago we decided to size up to a diesel pusher from our Class C. Considered Tiffin and Newmar and went with a Newmar Dutch Star (new) for what we thought were good reasons.
    * loved almost every minute in this coach and had no significant problems. Floor plan, decor, functionality, looks, just awesome. Then we started getting educated and also noticed some things
    * the education was about the difference between fiberglass walls on top of a chassis (e.g. Tiffin and Newmar), vs a Prevost bus conversion which is basically a motorhome built inside a steel cage. SAFETY was 80% of our decision to move from the Dutch Star to a Prevost
    * the remaining 20% was the quality of the ride. As much as we loved our DS, we started noticing increasingly annoying squeaks and rattles running down the road. Prevost's are legendary for minimal noise, very solid feeling ride. Our test drives, even of older buses, confirmed this.

SO ... bought an 11yo Marathon H quad for about double the new cost of the DS, and sold the DS back to original dealer for not too bad of a depreciation hit. The Prevost is having some interior remodel done so I can't tell you yet what the driving / living experience has been. I just wanted you to make sure you're factoring in SAFETY and RIDE QUALITY not just the elegant look, superior finishings, redundant engineering, prestige branding, and awesome interior light of a Prevost.

There are many cautionary notes, I'll give you just one: If you decide to go with Prevost, finding one may and probably SHOULD take a lot longer than simply choosing which model and floorplan of Tiffin. You have to take into consideration which converter, model X or H, and since you'll most likely be buying pre-owned, which era / generation, and have to think about is this a one-owner or more, how has maintenance been, etc. It's a much trickier decision process w/ bigger financial implications

Almost everyone on this forum knows way more about this than I do, but I just went through the quality motorhome experience into the Prevost bus conversion and wanted to share.
    My keywords: SAFETY and RIDE QUALITY .

Good luck
    Mark and Vada
    Chicago and Traverse City
    2008 Marathon H3-45 quad

So I am new to the forum and an owner of a 2018 American Coach Dream and joined to find out if Prevost is as good as I kept hearing. So we noticed issues almost immediately with our AC Dream and being on warranty was fine but we have owned it almost 18 months and been in the shop or waiting for repairs for almost 5 of those months. The dealer here in Texas is slammed and can’t get to it. The rattles, air noise from windows makes us crazy and nothing they can do we are told. A slight cross wind of 20 mph pushes me all over the road. So we’ve had it and now we are looking at 06-07 Prevost as well and one little quality difference that reminds me every time I open the door on my current class A is.... the door. It’s about 1” think and rattles all the time and doesn’t seal out the wind noise at the top. My wife almost won’t ride in the jump seat. Then look at the door on a Prevost and it’s about 3-4” thick depending on converter and when it closes it’s like Nothing heard before. Air tight. The rest of the comparison on feature and systems is not even close, even for coaches that are 10-14 years older than my new one. So I been pouring over this forums posts and flying around the country looking at various coaches and the difference in drive quality is astounding. I have driven a couple Prevost now and it’s truly hard to believe the difference. Take your time and when you find the right one you will know it, but do your homework before buying. There is no question an older Prevost is still a superior product than my brand new class A. We continue the search and hope to be in a Prevost before The holidays.

My sister has a Tiffin. It is in the shop a lot. The aqua hot, the aqua hot pumps, electric awning, etc. etc. The last time we were out together, the main slide got stuck half in and half out because one of the rollers broke loose.

And they complained about the cross winds on the drive ... we said what cross winds? :-)

And yes, the noise level and ride in the Prevost are way better than the Tiffin.

Mark and Debbie Fratto
    1998 Parliament

Kirk, didn't you purchase a Marathon or am I thinking of another Kirk?

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion