Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I知 ready to Purchase my 1st preowned Prevost, but is a NewTiffin a better choice?

Thumbs up I知 ready to Purchase my 1st preowned Prevost, but is a NewTiffin a better choice?

I was on the fence about purchasing a new Tiffin over a used Prevost based on a friends recommendation.

I Live in the NE, and also have a place in Palm Beach FL. Looking to purchase a coach where I can get reliable service in the unlikely event my coach will require 砥nscheduled敗ervice

Looking for a Prevost between 2008-2011? (Suggestions?)

Any advice, etc will be greatly appreciated.

I came close to purchasing a new Tiffin, but the build quality seems superior on the Prevost. Any prior Tiffin owners here? Don稚 shoot the messenger, but I was told by a Tiffin owner I should never consider a Prevost. If I want one then take a grey hound is how he put it. If I wanted a co dedicated to making coaches, then I should buy a Tiffin, because this is all they do, and it is a better coach. . Once again, I知 here for a reason and committed to Prevost, so don稚 shoot the messenger. Lol. But I would like a rebuttal to feed back to my buddy. We池e always ribbing each other, and in good spirit, but he has a lot of RV experience, so I need some help here.

Getting back to my purchase. Liberty, and Marathon keep coming up on the radar as nicely built coaches, with great customer service. I知 sure there are others as well, so i値l Defer to the veterans here for suggestions.

Any info on insurance, tires, organizations to join, ad INFINITUM... Anything a new RV弾r should know/consider will be greatly appreciated. I値l also peruse the forum for newbies, i知 Sure what i知 Looking for is all here.

My wife and I look forward to becoming the proud owner of a (Gently used) Prevost and meeting some of you at a future Prevost owners event.

All the info u seek is right here, in multipal repeated posts and if u can't find the answer info is very quickly responded to.

Hey, we love spending other peoples money. Good luck on the hunt.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

You might be happier in the long run with a pre EGR engine ? Lots and lots of info in the archives. Due diligence is required on your part.

NOTHING RIDES LIKE A PREVOST!!! Once you've had a Prevost, nothing else will satisfy. Most all of us have owned and driven other diesel pushers, but there truly is no comparison.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Frank,

First and foremost, your Tiffin friend is an idiot or a loyalist. I don't know him, so let's go with loyalist. BTW, you're going to find a lot of Prevost loyalist to. No, not that they have some loyalty to Prevost, Prevost owners and commercial operators know that just isn't necessary. The Prevost motorhome loyalist are often going to be loyal to their converter. It's an interesting loyalty given most will have only experienced the one converter's product. As a person that helps buyers, especially first time buyers, decide on which Prevost model and which conversion I'm often asked which converters product is the best. The answer is simple, there isn't one. There is the perfect conversion for a given buyer, but it may be a different conversion that's perfect for the next buyer.

Let's step back and get to the root of your question; why Prevost? First, and foremost is safety. No one wants to consider the possibility of an accident. Many buyers think of the safety aspects of a car and it's safety rating in the purchasing decision but few RV buyers do. My assumption is they either assume all are created equal or are afraid to give safety much thought. Of course, the traditional RV industry doesn't market safety which should be the first red flag. It doesn't take watching to many Class A RV accidents on YouTube to come to the conclusion, crash worthiness is not a critical design factor. A Prevost is a commercial vehicle, even with slides, it's a commercial vehicle. As such, it is engineered and tested to crash worthiness. Yes, Google bus wrecks after you watch Class A RV accident videos and you can stop reading my post. You should have already made your decision. Let me point out one commercial standard motorhome shells don't comply with. The commercial standard requires the bus to have emergency roof hatches of sufficient size for a person to exit. Our coaches aren't equipped with these.

Okay you're still reading. So, let's go beyond safety. As commercial vehicles a Prevost is engineered for reliability and speedy recovery if a failure occurs. The Frank,

First and foremost, your Tiffin friend is an idiot or a loyalist. I don't know him, so let's go with loyalist. BTW, you're going to find a lot of Prevost loyalist to. No, not that they have some loyalty to Prevost, Prevost owners and commercial operators know that just isn't necessary. The Prevost motorhome loyalist are often going to be loyal to their converter. It's an interesting loyalty given most will have only experienced the one converter's product. As a person that helps buyers, especially first time buyers, decide on which Prevost model and which conversion I'm often asked which converters product is the best. The answer is simple, there isn't one. There is the perfect conversion for a given buyer, but it may be a different conversion that's perfect for the next buyer.

Let's step back and get to the root of your question; why Prevost? First, and foremost is safety. No one wants to consider the possibility of an accident. Many buyers think of the safety aspects of a car and it's safety rating in the purchasing decision but few RV buyers do. My assumption is they either assume all are created equal or are afraid to give safety much thought. Of course, the traditional RV industry doesn't market safety which should be the first red flag. It doesn't take watching to many Class A RV accidents on YouTube to come to the conclusion, crash worthiness is not a critical design factor. A Prevost is a commercial vehicle, even with slides, it's a commercial vehicle. As such, it is engineered and tested to crash worthiness. Yes, Google bus wrecks after you watch Class A RV accident videos and you can stop reading my post. You should have already made your decision. Let me point out one commercial standard motorhome shells don't comply with. The commercial standard requires the bus to have emergency roof hatches of sufficient size for a person to exit. Our coaches aren't equipped with these.

Okay you're still reading. So, let's go beyond safety. As commercial vehicles a Prevost is engineered for reliability and speedy recovery if a failure occurs. The monocoque chassis, which is primarily all stainless steel, was built to provide 1 million miles of service. The drivetrain is the best of what is commercially available. Depending on model year you will be looking at one of the workhorses of the diesel engine industry in the Detroit Series 60 engine or the Volvo engine. Both have national support networks that rival any engine manufacture.

Prevost has several service centers that pride themselves in getting downed vehicles back on the road. It comes with being a commercial bus supplier and we benefit from their mission to the commercial industry. They also have a 24/7/365 telephone support network that gets you or the shop you’re at the information you need to get rolling. They also have a mobile service, if that’s what you need or desire. Although most of the undercarriage and drivetrain are typical of any Class 8 truck, there are some things uniquely Prevost. When a Prevost service center or an authorized Prevost Detroit/Volvo shop is not nearby, many of the commercial charter operators with Prevost buses will take on outside work. It’s also comforting to know common faults can often be taken care of easily on the side of the road. Again, we are benefiting from the commercial bus industry that needs to keep up to 55 paying passengers on the road.

Are you still reading? Why not take a ride in a Tiffin and then a Prevost. Depending on road condition and winds you could immediately tell the difference; quieter inside, less noise from outside, less roll in the wind, and no effect on lane following when passed by a large semi. You won’t find a supplemental steering stabilizing system added to a Prevost like so many Class A RVs. If you drive one with those supplemental systems, turn it off during your test drive and you’ll quickly see why they were added. You’ll get exhausted with the system off.

Buy a Prevost and watch your friend’s attitude change toward you. He’ll likely park several campsites away. It’s okay, in time his jealously will subside and he may even concede with the purchase of his own Prevost.

Okay, that should be enough for you to ask more and to realize as good as that Tiffin may be, it simply can’t be compared to a Prevost motorhome conversion.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

One comparison:

How many Tiffin owners eventually buy a Prevost?
    How many Prevost owners eventually buy a Tiffin?
    Les Stallings
    Crossville TN
    2006 Country Coach XLII

I'll park my 14 year old bus next to a new Zephyr and we can monitor the passersby folks reactions.
    CC1.jpg 2019_Tiffin_Zephyr.jpg

But the real biggie is that after 5 years, Tiffin does not allow you back to Red Bay. Prevost will repair my bus at any of the soon to be 20 North American service centers. Most any repair part is available over night.
    Last edited by BadFitter; 08-09-2019 at 05:36 PM.
    Les Stallings
    Crossville TN
    2006 Country Coach XLII

Awesome! Great info...Thank You

Beautiful Coach! Well maintained for sure.

Makes total sense. I知 thinking 🤔 they池e migrating over from Tiffin to Prevost....For sure....