Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Forum member - Mike Hill - Hello everyone!

Default New Forum member - Mike Hill - Hello everyone!

Hi Folks
    I'm excited to become part of your community!
    I've been a diesel pusher owner for 5 years ago, and just this summer upgraded to a 2004 prevost country coach, and thoroughly loving it!
    I came from a safari cheetah, so quite the upgrade for me.
    Geez, this Prevost rides nice!!
    I hope I can bring some knowledge, and gain some knowledge, as i've been a closet forum snooper for a number of years, but have never joined anything like this. I've sniped a lot of information on this forum!!
    I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty in any way, and although i've only owned a prevost for a couple months now, i've become quite familiar with it. Although i have a long ways to go!
    Just replaced all the batteries with new lifelines, and just ordered a set of Michelin steer tires. Replaced the antique docking lights with an led replacement(holy cow that took me a lot of research to change 4 lights out!)
    On my list of things to do are: replacing audio visual equipment, possibly upgrading crestron screens to ipads, changing the bushings on steering linkages up front so i can align this thing correctly(six wheel alignment necessary?), have a couple of seals on the engine(per the prevost mechanic) to replace eventually

alright, enough for now!

Looking forward to this community!

Mike and Emily Hill
    + 8 kids
    (We love traveling in this thing)

Congratulations but not on the bus on the 8 kids. Is the bus going to be big enough?
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

Congratulations on the new to you coach. It looks like a beauty. The alignment you are talking about is called a 3 axle alignment in the Prevost world , And will take 6-8 hrs for them to do. And will drive like a dream afterwards. As my friend Camper Joe used to say “ Welcome to the Madness “ and a little warning for you. You coach will become the other woman and will cost like you have a mistress put up in a penthouse somewhere. Keep your receipts for your maintenance records and proof to Mrs Emily that it was really all spent on the coach. Most of all BE SAFE

Congrats on your new ride and welcome to the forum.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Congratulations on your dive into the world of Prevost motorhome conversions. FWIW, I think CC was one of the better engineered Prevost conversions. And who doesn't love a CC paint job!

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Nice bus Mike, As a couple has stated already have your wallet ready. It is a must to be able to work on this buses yourself or it will break you and it sounds like you are up for the task.

Thank you!
    @joe camper. yeah they just don’t make a bus to fit all 10 of us comfortably but we’re half cracked anyway with that many kids so what does it matter? It’s a good test of our marriage every time we go out!
    @Rocky yeah my wife thought I was crazy too for wanting this Prevost! Good thing she doesn’t really know how much love and attention these things need. She’d boot me out in no time! Somehow I’ve gotta figure out how to hide the cost of these batteries tires and everything else!! Pm me on the sly if you guys have any advice! Ha!
    @Dale and Gil. Thanks! We really like the Country Coach. And it sure is a beauty in and out and maintained very well, I marvel at its condition for being 15 years old. The exterior looks brand new! They sure have the paint thing figured out!
    Even this crestron system works like it’s supposed to. It’s pretty much caveman technology being 15 years old!

Mike

Thanks! Yeah the Ben franklins fly out of the wallet in the masses with this thing!
    lots of fun though!
    Mike

Welcome Mike. I'm guessing your 2004 CC is an L-series bus. We own L030, a 2006 CC. Hope you enjoy yours as much as we do ours.

Happy Trails,
    Les Stallings
    Crossville TN
    2006 Country Coach XLII

Hey Mike welcome! Does yours have 365's up front? Thats a must for me as well, hopefully this year or next for me to get one as well