Thread: Watchdog Error Code

Default Watchdog Error Code

Hello,

I just received my Hughs Watchdog unit. I plugged it in as directed and it gives an E8 code which is "missing neutral at the coach". I called my Featherlight consultant and he asked me to plug directly into the 50 amp plug. This is at my home and I know it is working as it should.

I have Trace 4000 inverters and they worked exactly as normal. Blinked for 20 seconds to test and then worked as always. He said there is NO way if there was an issue with the neutral the inverters would have locked on.

Does anyone have any input on why I would be reading the E8 code?

Thanks
    David Thomas

If anything is on in your coach the alarm should go away. I was able to create your symptoms when I tested the product by turning all circuit breakers off on my coach. Turning any circuit on corrected this. Although the inverter didn't disclose how they where testing neutral without applying power I have an idea on how they are doing it. Can you turn something on, which may not be possible on a Featherlight. If it's not possible can you put the inverters in bypass to shore and see what happens?

Based on your results I will work with the inventor to reduce the sensitivity of their measurement.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Gil,

I found the issue, and I am so glad you recommended this. This last week I had a warranty repair on my Asko dryer door. As I was helping the repairman lift the unit down I noticed we strained the power cord. Dryer was fixed and worked properly. When the watchdog said there was a missing neutral on coach, I started tracking down by turning off the breakers. Nothing worked, all breakers were off and it still read "missing neutral". Then the ah ha moment, my dryer is 220 and has its own breaker allowing it to work with shore power or generator. I turned the breaker off and all was good.

I have not had time to dig into the wiring, but I know I must have pulled the neutral off. Gil thanks for recommending this unit!!

Ok, I had my electrician open up my panel and there is NO issue with an open neutral on my washer dryer breaker. Here is what I know.

1) When I power up my Hughes Power Watch Dog with the Washer / Dryer breaker on the Watch Dog cuts off and shows a Error code saying there is a open open neutral on coach.
    2) When the Washer / Dryer breaker is off the Hughes Watch Dog when powered up shows NO error code works correctly.
    3) Washer / Dryer works perfectly.
    4) If I turn breaker on after Watch Dog is powered up the watchdog shows no code and continues working.

I am at a loss. . Trace inverters and Washer / Dryer are separate hookups and are completely independent of each other. Washer / Dryer can only be run on shore or generator power.

David,

Do you know if your washer dryer uses the neutral conductor? If it's a European unit, maybe not. With this infi and the info you already provided, I'll ping the developer.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Hey Gil,

Yes the washer panel has neutrals connected, but I am not sure about the Asko Washer and dryer. I will did up the manual and ck...