Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pet temperature Monitor

Default Pet temperature Monitor

Does anyone have a recommendation for a pet temperature monitor? I would prefer a WiFi unit as not to have an extra cellular bill. I have a Verizon Jet Pack that I leave in my coach ensuring wifi access.

We use Sensor-Push.

SensorPush

We have sensors in multiple locations - front salon, bedroom, wet bay, front bay, and even inside our bay fridge/freezer. The smart phone app is very good.
    Les Stallings
    Crossville TN
    2006 Country Coach XLII

Can you access local network devices through a JetPack? In most cases, your JetPack would have to have a dedicated IP address.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

HI Gil,

The jet spot is a Verizon hot spot. I find on the road finding net service is pretty much impossible and not secure if we do.

I'm well aware of what a VzW Hotspot is. My question is can you remotely access devices on your local hotspot network without a static IP address on your JetPack? Some local devices, like some security camera companies, overcome this general requirement through a hosting service that performs dynamic host IP address resolution.

Gil and Durlene

We are running a dual SIM CradlePoint.... my tech guru (spouse) would have to comment on how it is setup. His billing rates are excessive so I tend to not bother him...
    Les Stallings
    Crossville TN
    2006 Country Coach XLII

We have verizon wifi and use "Temp Stick" - battery operated and works well with our cell phones. I think we got it from Amazon.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Roger, that's an interesting product for those with network attached coaches. It appears to communicate with a web server so no need for the more costly static IP address.

Gil and Durlene

All,

I just receive the Emmerson ER108002 Wireless Security Camera. I purchased it from Amazon for $57.96. I am using the Verizon Jetpack as my WiFi. It just took a few minutes to download app and get it set up. It was easy and works perfectly. My main reason for purchasing it was it said it would monitor and send temperature of coach. PLUS it is a live camera with pan and tilt functions. Temperature reads 72 in my house.

I am going to put in my coach and see if there are any issues with it. Will keep all posted. As of now it seems to be exactly what I am wanting. NOTE it does not send alerts if temperature changes, but that will work for me as I plan on using it when I leave my dog in the coach. I plan on checking in regularly.

I like the camera to see what he is up to. You can also hear sound, as this is made as a baby monitor.

Thanks

Good news on the video camera!

Gil and Durlene