Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2 - Conext SW 4024 Inverter/charger $900 EA

It surprises me how few "experts" understand how the Trace 4K units work given how prolific they were in this industry. I've followed behind paid service contractors to find fairly common issues. Be careful who you take advise from and give your money too.

As much as I think Victron makes a replacement for the Trace unit I suspect they are too complex for many.

I'm perplexed. Did this coach actually have to single feed inverters installed without a transfer switch??? How could that work?

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Hi Gil:
    It is a typical Featherlite set up with two feeds (gen/Shore). Sticks and staples dealer I purchased it from didn't know what he was doing and purchased the wrong inverters. The dealer was a towable and class A gas coach dealer. Not sure how he ended up with the Prevost. Got it for a fair price knowing it would be a project coach. I did my home work and actually spoke with the first two owners. Both owners keep the coach inside and had a good history of maintenance. It was the third owner who only had the coach for 2 1/2 years that let things slip below an acceptable level. I have owned the coach now for about 8 months and she's coming back to being a proud and pretty coach again. Knew it would be a project coach when I purchased it. I was fully aware of the bigger items needing addressed, just didn't expect all the little things along the way .
    Chuck
    Chuck & Katrina
    2000 Featherlite
    H3-45 Double slide
    2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel