Thread: The Watchdog Power Protection Device

Default The Watchdog Power Protection Device

Last edited by Gil_J; 07-18-2019 at 11:59 AM.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Gil, I Guess I have the first generation watchdog. Mine is smaller and does not have the dog face that lights up. Maybe I have the PUP model , lol ( Couldn’t resist that one ) And i do not think mine will protect the coach from low voltage like the progressive does ? I do like the Bluetooth info to the phone app that is available. However my Kw meter never has worked to be able to monitor power consumption. Even after they sent me a replacement. Great job on the video !

Rocky, send it back. The GM of the company assures me it should work. Also, there are 2 different Watchdog apps. You may want to make sure you have the right one first.

You likely have the one that is just a surge protector. Here's their surge and power protection line:
    https://hughesautoformers.com/product-line/

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by Gil_J View Post
    Rocky, send it back. The GM of the company assures me it should work. Also, there are 2 different Watchdog apps. You may want to make sure you have the right one first.

You likely have the one that is just a surge protector. Here's their surge and power protection line:
    https://hughesautoformers.com/product-line/
    Gil,
    I sent it back once and the replacement didn’t work either. I wrote it off to a problem on my end. I had removed the APP and re-installed it as the GM suggested. They only had one App at that time with no updates. I put it in a drawer over a year ago and didn’t get it out until yesterday. After downloading an App update hughes posted 5 Mos ago, and whaa Laaa. She works now on iphone and iPad Pro. The update says for 50A power meter issues.
    3AB16850-6AB0-40B6-916B-D0EC4BBE96CD.jpeg0853F78B-6A64-4866-8223-9AD61C3FA42D.jpg