My Spendide washer/dryer combo is having problems with the timer. Model WD802M. The timer seems to stop advancing at specific points during the cycle and all washer functionality stops. If I manually turn the washer selection knob just a bit, it starts back up, then gets hung again later on. Seems to happen at the same points in the wash cycle. Dryer works fine.
I'm suspicious that the timer motor is struggling to advance the timer.
I've removed the timer unit, but due to age, seems others have found it's not available as a replacement part. I've tried Ebay, Appliance repair shops, etc, can't find the part number available anywhere.
I wanted to try spraying something into the timer assembly and turning it around a bunch to try to clean up the contacts and reduce any resistance. The timer unit is riveted closed and does not seem to be friendly to being opened, i dare not try.
Any advice on what to spray in there? I have de-rust spray, teflon lubricant spray, but these don't seemed suited for electro-mechanical use case.

Interestingly enough, i'll be in Milwaukee OR in a few weeks, where Splendide is located. Just not hopeful they'll be able to help.