Thread: Backup Camera Troubleshooting

Default Backup Camera Troubleshooting

I have a 2000 XL Country Coach. The backup camera doesn't work, can someone tell me the best way to diagnose this? if it is the camera is there a replacement that will fit without changing the hole in the back of the coach?
    Thanks,
    Norman Martin

is it the in dash monitor or the Camera that is not working? Does the monitor power up? If not have you checked the monitor for power? Pictures of your setup and what brand, model # would help also.
    Mike Giboney
    1992 Prevost Country Coach

This may not be relevant but I'll throw it out there anyway.

I have what appears to be the original back-up camera up high. At some point 3 additional cameras (2 side view + hitch view) and a new monitor were added. These can all 4 be selected to show on a divided screen. Oftentimes when I power them on, the original B/U camera will only show blue screen. I can access it thru rear closet, unscrew the (5 pin?) connector and re-connect and it will work/display on screen. Seems to work for awhile - until it doesn't. Repeating the process gets it working again. No idea what that's about.

Billy & Lisa Gaines
    1996 Marathon XL40

Thanks for the input, I need to get a little more information. I'll go get it out of the barn and bring it to my shop.
    Norman Martin